At the end of May 2020, the balance of loans restructured by commercial banks according to the special accounting criteria (CCE) issued by the CNBV amounted to 916 thousand pesos 094 million.
Increase your business, Not your inbox
Stay up to date and subscribe to our daily newsletter now!
Read for 3 min
This story originally appeared on high level
The country’s banks They extend the deadline for requesting an extension of loan payments by another month Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the National Banking and Securities Commission (CNBV) mentioned without affecting its credit rating or generating late fees.
As of March 26, banks have been able to defer principal and interest payments to customers who request it and show that the economic crisis has reduced their solvency.
Before an agreement and with the special accounting criteria (CCE) issued by the CNBV financial institutions granted a grace period of 4 to 6 months. This program ended on June 26, but the CNBV decided to extend the deadline for banks to receive and respond to restructuring requests until July 31.
Before an agreement and with the financial institutions granted by the CNBV special accounting criteria (CCE) granted a grace period of 4 to 6 months / Imagen: Depositphotos.com
At the end of May 2020, the balance of loans restructured by commercial banks according to the special accounting criteria (CCE) issued by the CNBV was 916 thousand 094 million pesos, which is 17% of the banks’ loan portfolio, from which more than 7 million people and companies across the country have benefited, the banking regulator said in a statement.
He added that the companies that have benefited the most are those that are significantly affected by mobility restrictions, such as: B. Temporary housing, construction, recreation and education, which will reduce the negative impact on these economic activities.
The amounts restructured at commercial banks were broken down by product type as follows:
- 310 thousand 465 mortgage mp (33.9%),
- 216 thousand 674 corporate mp (23.7%),
- 134 thousand 230 mp SMEs (14.7%), 94 thousand 270 mp credit cards (10.3%),
- 64 thousand 158 million personal loans (7.0%),
- 57 thousand pesos 717 million wages (6.3%)
- and 38 thousand 580 mdp automotive (4.2%).
For its part it is Infonavit He said that he would extend the deadline until August 31 to apply for direct and indirect support measures for workers who already have assets and workers who would like to receive assets through a mortgage loan.
Some of these measures are:
- General unemployment insurance for up to 3 months and no additional payment;
- ii) extensions of up to three months without interest (payment tolerance) and iii)
- Adjustment of the payment factor of up to 50% for technical unemployment, which implies a salary reduction agreed between employer and employee.
The institute added that it had benefited from it 295 thousand 222 accreditedwith loans for a total of 93 thousand 347 million pesos.