This is the vacation time set in the 2020-2021 school calendar.
3 min read
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Mexican students had to leave the classrooms to protect themselves and their families and thus prevent the virus from spreading.
After almost three months, the 2020-2021 school year started on-linePrimary school students (preschool, primary and secondary school) take their first break, the winterholidays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Mexican students had to leave the classrooms to protect themselves and their families and thus prevent the virus from spreading. The alternative to face-to-face classrooms are therefore courses on various television channels or online. Now that the holidays are approaching, the children will have their well-deserved rest.
When does the winter break begin?
According to the calendar of the Public Education Secretary ((SEP) the winter vacation period begins on December 21, 2020 and ends on January 8, 2021. The students return to class on Monday, January 11, 2021.
In addition to the winter break, they also have another vacation time, public holidays and the days of the Technical Council of the SEP, which we describe in detail below:
Students will take a break from Monday March 29 through Tuesday April 13, 2021.
SEP technical advice
- December 11, 2020.
- December 7th and 8th, 2020.
- February 19, 2021.
- April 12, 2021.
- May 21, 2021.
- June 25, 2021.
Holidays in the 2020-2021 school year
- December 25, 2020.
- January 1st and 6th, 2021.
- February 1, 2021 (to commemorate the 5th of this month, Constitution Day).
- March 15, 2021 (the birth of Benito Juárez will be delayed, that is, March 21).
- May 5, 2021 (the only date not included in the calendar. The Battle of Puebla).
The end of the school year is July 9, 2021.
NOTE: The date they will return to face-to-face classes is not yet known. However, according to SEP head Esteban Moctezuma, they will return when the epidemiological light is green.
Image: School calendar 2020-2021, SEP