United States Visa: 5 Ways to Get It

Throughout the history of the USAMigration has always been an integral part of the nation’s development. It has brought about an economic, social and cultural boom. The movement of people from different parts of the world in search of a better and better future for themselves and their families continues to be a driving force in connecting the world. However, with time and the introduction of systematic approaches and different political agendas, immigration procedures have become more complex and confusing.

Imagine you wanted to emigrate to the USA today. Would you know which program is best for your family or even for your professional career? The truth is that with so many Visa categories otherwise, the ordinary person no longer knows which immigration program will work for them or their family.

Why do you want to go to the USA?

United States Visa: 5 Ways to Get It
United States Visa: 5 Ways to Get It

Knowing and understanding the reason for moving can help guide you by the best visa category that suits your goals. If you are moving solely for work or study reasons, consider a nonimmigrant visa. These are renewable visas with a limited length of stay in the country. They do not offer a way to a Green card or citizenship, simply facilitate an individual’s short-term needs. However, if your main goal is to move your entire family or just start over, consider your immigrant visa options. These offer foreigners the opportunity to obtain a United States Green Card and eventually become a citizen.

  • To Know More: The 5 Tips For Migrant s Looking To Do Business In The United States

5 Popular Ways to Get a United States Visa


EB-5 Immigrant Permanent Residence Visa

The EB-5 investor visa requires prospective investors to invest a minimum of $ 900,000 (just over 18 million pesos) in a U.S. approved company. This channel is the fastest route to residency in the American Union and provides citizenship opportunities. Once the application is approved, they will be given a US Green Card and residence for one person, their spouse, and children under the age of 21. This is the perfect visa route for families looking to settle in the US as they will earn all the benefits of the American people upon receiving their green card. Free public schooling, access to federal grants and grants, improved job opportunities, and more.

E-2 Contract Investor Visa for Temporary Stay

To qualify for this visa category, your country of citizenship must have a trade agreement with the United States (Mexico has the T-MEC). In this visa category, investors typically invest between $ 100,000 and $ 250,000 (between two and five million pesos) in their own business or an existing franchise. Investors would get a two-year renewable visa for themselves, their spouse, and their children. While this route is cheaper than EB-5, it doesn’t offer permanent residency or a green card. However, the visa must also be tied to the investor’s business. If the deal fails, the visa will be canceled. In addition, the investor is not allowed to work for another company with this visa.

H1-B visa for temporary workers

Anyone who has a title that qualifies as a special professional service is entitled to the H1-B visa. Often used by tech multinationals, this visa allows companies to use outside talent to advance their business. The basic requirement in this visa category is that an applicant has a degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and that it must apply to the specialist position for which they are applying. Once approved, the applicant has the visa for a period of three years with an option to extend, but no more than six years per issue. Spouses and unmarried children can apply for US residency during the program. However, you would have to file a separate application to get legal entry.

Tourist or business visa B1 / B2 without a work permit

The easiest way to visit and access the United States. This category of visa is mainly used by tourists to stay in the US for up to six months. This temporary stay is intended for tourism or business meetings. A work permit is not provided for this visa category, so you cannot apply for employment or apply for government benefits as you are a temporary visitor. These visas are usually issued at nearby consulates or online through the US government’s electronic travel authorization system. In Mexico it is through the US Embassy on Paseo de la Reforma in Mexico City.

Family applications for reunification and permanent residence

The United States tries to keep families together for the sake of public order. If you have a direct relative who lives in the American Union, you can ask them to petition on your behalf so that they can reunite through that family connection and maintain their residence in the United States. Note, however, that priority is given to spouses and unmarried children as these applications are typically approved in less than a year. For parents, siblings, or other relatives, it can take years to approve the petition.

Similar Posts