The Ukrainian government on Friday denounced a “massive computer attack” against the official websites of various government agencies and confirmed that they had published “provocative messages”, despite emphasizing that there had been no data leaks.
“In the early hours of December 13-14, several government websites, including ministries of foreign affairs and education, were hacked,” said the State Service for Communications and Information Protection in a statement posted on its website.
She stated that “a provocative message was posted on the main page of these websites” and added that “the content of the pages has not changed and there have been no data leaks”. “Other official sites have been blocked to prevent the attack from spreading,” he said.
The agency stressed that it is working with the Ukrainian security service and police to “collect digital evidence and investigate the incident” while noting that “most of the state resources concerned have been restored, while the rest will be available soon “.
For his part, the spokesman for the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry, Oleg Nikolenko, has confirmed the cyber attack on his account on the social network Twitter. “Our specialists have started to restore the computer systems and the police have opened an investigation,” he added.