News

Two children die in a bombing blamed on Russian planes in the province of Aleppo (Syria)

MADRID, Jan. 17 (EUROPE PRESS) –

At least two children have died this Friday in a new bombing allegedly carried out by Russian warplanes in the Syrian province of Aleppo (north), as reported by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

The agency, based in London and informants in the Arab country, has indicated that the bombings against the town of Auejil have also left seven injured.

Two children die in a bombing blamed on Russian planes in the province of Aleppo (Syria)
Two children die in a bombing blamed on Russian planes in the province of Aleppo (Syria)

He also added that targets have also been bombed in Anyara, Atarib, Kafr Naha and Qasimiya. In this last town a prison has been reached, which has caused an escape of prisoners.

The armies of Syria and Russia have carried out dozens of bombings in recent days against areas controlled by the rebels in the provinces of Aleppo, Homs and Idlib, the latter the only one still controlled by rebel forces.

The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Michelle Bachelet, has condemned this Friday “the deaths and continuous displacements” of civilians in northwestern Syria, where the population remains a “daily” target of violence despite the high the fire that supposedly went into effect last week.

Since the beginning of the regime's offensive in Idlib, at the end of April 2019, the UN Human Rights office has verified the deaths of more than 1,500 civilians, including 43 children. Of the total fatalities, only 75 were in areas under the control of Al Assad forces.

The air bombings resumed this Wednesday and Thursday, according to the High Commissioner, who has verified at least 15 deaths in operations carried out on January 15 against several Idlib points. On the same day, seven people were injured by an attack in the town of Ariha that caused damage to a women's school.

In fact, the president of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, said this Friday that what happens in Idlib “is the clear sign that the regime does not comply with the steps related to ceasefire,” according to the Turkish newspaper 'Hurriyet '.

Erdogan himself said Tuesday that Turkey is determined to curb attempts by the Bashar al Assad government to violate the ceasefire in Idlib, the last province controlled by the rebels.

“We are determined to curb the regime's attempts to violate the ceasefire, ourselves if necessary,” he said, to stress in a row that “it is no joke.” “Everyone should see that Turkey definitely does what it says,” he settled.

Similar Posts