For months (maybe years) there have been rumors about a paid version of Twitterand it looks like it will come true soon. The developer Jane Manchun, famous for relaying news from various social networks, leaked details, prices and features of ‘Twitter blue‘, alleged name of the new service.
As announced by Manchun on the 9to5Mac portal, subscriptions cost $ 2.99 per month (about 60 Mexican pesos). However, the cost may vary depending on the region.
Twitter is calling its upcoming subscription service “Twitter Blue,” currently priced at $ 2.99 per month, including paid features such as:
Undo tweets: https://t.co/CrqnzIPcOH
Collections: https://t.co/qfFfAXHp1o pic.twitter.com/yyMStpCkpr
– Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) May 15, 2021
Of course, the premium version of Twitter will have exclusive functions to improve the user experience.
- Cancel. Tweeters have a new “Undo” or “Undo” button to cancel posts before their followers see them. After writing a tweet and clicking “Publish”, a timer between 5 and 30 seconds is displayed (the user can set the time). You have this time to reread, reconsider, and stop the post before it shows up on your timeline.
- Collections. Currently, you can save tweets on Twitter using the “save article” function, but they cannot be organized by content. With the new “Collections” you can create folders to organize and better manage your publications the way you want.
- Create and share. Apparently, they also offer the ability to create and share newsletters from the social network yourself. This would be related to the recent purchase of the platform revue, focused on paid news content and subscriptions Scroll This will remove ads for a monthly fee.
For your information, this Twitter Blue screenshot is in progress and not final. Things like name, pricing, feature set, etc. may change before the official launch
But I’m sure the functionality will grow over time
– Jane Manchun Wong (@wongmjane) May 16, 2021
The bad news is that even in the paid version, the ‘Edit’ function already published content that the tweeting community has been asking for for years.
The developer whose credibility is based on the fact that he has successfully leaked many messages Facebook, Instagram Y. Twitter, notes that Twitter blue It’s still in development, so there’s no likely release date.
- You might be interested: You can now make money with YouTube shorts! TikTok contest for $ 100 million for content payment
In 2020 the social network will be operated by Jack Dorsey admitted that they intended to explore the subscription system and premium membership in the near future.
On May 6th, Twitter announced the launch of the “Tip Jar”, a feature that enables this Giving and receiving “tips” within the platform. This type of monetization of content is added to the “Super Follows”, which gives tweeters the opportunity to do so Exclusive content fee.