MADRID, Oct. 28 (EUROPE PRESS) –
The Turkish Ministry of Justice has said Monday that it has prepared a demand for detention and extradition against the leader of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDS), Mazlum Kobani.
In a statement collected by the Turkish newspaper 'Daily Sabah', he has detailed that the documents have been delivered to the Foreign Ministry for delivery to the United States, a country that Kobani will visit soon.
For his part, Turkish Interior Minister Suleiman Soilu has said that Kobani “is as terrorist as he was (the leader of the jihadist group Islamic State, Abu Bakr) Al Baghdadi.”
The president of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, demanded on October 24 to the United States to hand over the country to the SDS commander once he visits the country, a meeting for which there is still no date.
In an interview with the local television network TRT, the president said that Kobani weighs a 'red alert' from Interpol and stressed that Washington should deliver to the Turkish authorities.
On the other hand, the Turkish Foreign Minister, Mevlut Cavusoglu, said during the day that the Kurdish forces have not withdrawn for the time being from the entire territory contemplated in the pact reached last week between Ankara and Moscow.
“We stopped operations after the statement (about the agreement), which does not mean that we will not do anything against the terrorists that remain in the area,” he said, as reported by the Turkish state news agency Anatolia
The 'Operation Peace Spring' was launched on October 9 after the president of the United States, Donald Trump, announced the withdrawal of his troops from the area and gave 'green light' to Erdogan for the start of the offensive against his Until then allies.
Kobani himself pointed out on October 25 that the SDS “have not accepted” the entire agreement reached between Turkey and Russia for the 'safe zone' at the border, while stressing that they were not consulted and that they have “reservations” regarding to the content of it.
“We have not accepted the thirteen articles published by the media,” he said, referring to the total content of the memorandum of understanding made public by Moscow and Ankara after the meeting. “We have not been consulted and we have not accepted it. So far we have only accepted a ceasefire,” he settled.
The presidents of Russia and Turkey, Vladimir Putin and Erdogan, respectively, agreed on Tuesday in Sochi a pause for the Ankara offensive for 150 hours to allow the withdrawal of Kurdish forces from the area.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov read after the meeting between Putin and Erdogan the content of the memo, which contemplates joint patrols in the 'safe zone' to ensure that the Popular Protection Units (YPG) do not return to this area.
“Beginning at noon on October 23, 2019, the Russian Military Police and the Syrian border guard will enter the Syrian side of the border, outside the area of the 'Operation Peace Spring', to facilitate the removal of the elements of the YPGs and their weapons in an area 30 kilometers from the border, which must be completed in 150 hours, “the document said.
In this regard, he points out that “from that moment on, joint patrols will begin between Russia and Turkey to the west and east of the area of the 'Operation Peace Spring' with a depth of ten kilometers, with the exception of Qamishli.”
“All the elements of the YPG and their weapons will be removed from Manbij and Tel Rifaat,” he said, adding that “the 'status quo' established in the area of the 'Peace Spring Operation', between Tel Abyad and Ras al Ain, with a depth of 32 kilometers, will be preserved. ”
“Both countries remain committed to the territorial integrity of Syria and the security of Turkey,” Lavrov said in his reading of the agreement, which also states that both countries “remain committed to the fight against terrorism in all its forms.”
Finally, Moscow and Ankara agreed to create an agency to verify the application of this memorandum and work “to achieve a political solution” to the conflict in Syria and support the work of the constitutional committee, which will draft the country's new Magna Carta.