The opinions of the employees of s You are personal.
Soft skills are increasingly the focus. To understand its importance to humanity, we have to deal with the automation of work processes in the hands of robots and artificial intelligence.
When we look at this aspect, we become clearer about how we can use social and emotional skills that we all have and that robots cannot emulate.
Could a robot replace us?
Today’s artificial intelligence uses different types of markets and companies that are increasingly beginning to automate certain processes using special software and robots.
What is it about? Artificial intelligence is a technology discipline that is responsible for designing and creating processes that produce actions or results, derivations, actions, strategies and processing schemes that can emulate some aspects of human thought and knowledge, in particular to perform certain tasks for those who are stable or mechanical. For example, a technical inspection of a car engine follows a standard procedure in most cases, and this is already done with artificial intelligence, which reduces the extent of human errors.
The good news
The truth is there is something that still cannot be replaced and in the business world we call it “soft skills”. This is nothing more than a set of your social skills and the balance of emotions at the highest level.
The workers who can be replaced in the business world will be the ones who have not reached their maximum human potential.
This will be so, although it is rough and difficult to accept.
Let me explain it more simply: if you are a worker who works in a box dispatcher for several hours, your only job is to close and label boxes to send them to the office. How many years do you think this profession exists before it is fully automated?
On the other hand, if you are a person who has been trained all your life, negotiate with the box sellers the best possible price for each box they use, if you are an experienced communicator and your boss for an increase in the Ribbon budgets can ask for packaging to purchase another brand of better quality, and if you’re also an innovative and creative person and find that yellow boxes have low factory returns and 90% of your company’s boxes are brown. Do you think they are easy to replace?
This situation occurs constantly today, only that workers who perform repetitive and mechanical tasks differ from those who optimize the processes through their income and working hours. In other words, the more value you add to your task and the better you prepare for soft skills, the less likely you are to be replaced by artificial intelligence.
It’s nothing really new. What will be new in the coming years is the acceleration of the robot phenomenon in areas where humans are now fully present.
What soft skills do I need for my job?
There are at least ten soft skills that you can develop at the highest level today:
1. Management of emotions: Heraclitus said: “Your character is your destiny.” Nothing is truer when we talk about dealing with personal emotions. The key here is to know, to know and to shape the way in which we express our emotions in work and in our personal environment. Problems, challenges and changes will continue to arise, although the secret of those who manage to overcome them seems to be finding equilibrium points within themselves that allow them to take control of situations. This is something that machines are nowhere near able to achieve, because only humans can understand human emotions.
2. Ability to negotiate: A negotiator is someone who is needed in a company. It is an indispensable type of skill because it is acquired with many hours of practice, trial and error. Not everyone can get everything they want when it is prescribed. Negotiators and communication skills go hand in hand, and these people will still have work for many decades to come.
3. Ability to empathize: The ability to put yourself in someone else’s shoes when you are looking for your own goals, when you face certain challenges, or when you want to achieve something is almost a “superpower” idea from the machine point of view. Artificial intelligence is currently unable to determine a person’s emotional needs with certainty. It is therefore important to achieve a high level of empathy with others in the workplace of the automated industry or in this process.
4. Ability to communicate better: Communication is the soundtrack of all the skills I’ve mentioned so far. In order to communicate better, we need to be able to deal with our emotions and those of others, to respond to empathy and to negotiate as often as necessary to achieve a goal. .
5. Ability to lead: We can all develop self-guidance regardless of whether you have responsible people or not. To do this, it is necessary to polish various aspects of our own personality in order to shine in others what we have already gone through and learned: this is called self-knowledge, the basis of effective leadership.
6. Ability to create and innovate: Robots are practically limited to performing automated and repetitive tasks these days, which is why they are on the rise in industries that need this type of skill. However, the ability to innovate, create and implement plans that can visualize and substantiate new ideas is only human power. Those who achieve this in their current positions will work for decades.
7. Ability to speak and convey your ideas: Public speeches could be involved in communication, although the difference is that there are good leaders in business organizations who are not always high-quality communicators, speakers and motivators. If you do not show your results, present them publicly, teach and can pass on what you know to others when working together and communicate effectively, you have little chance of continuing to be active in the world of work.
8. Ability of intuition based on experience: Robots do not have the human ability to interweave emotional experiences with future consequences. Intuition is a form of human intelligence that is only human because it is based on what each of us has learned through our body and feelings. that is, by developing certain senses that connect information based on experiences, perceptions, and feelings. This is far from being replaced by a machine.
9. Active hearing: Active listening is listening with all your senses. Stop understanding, don’t answer. This is something that good leaders are very clear about when they sit down with someone they really know they can learn from and are willing to do. In other words, from all the members of your team.
10. Ability to motivate yourself with a sense of purpose: Machines will never have personal motives for the simple fact that they couldn’t strive to be more than what they are. People are constantly striving to get better, and if we still don’t make sense, we want to feel like we’re looking for something more important than ourselves. We are human beings because we feel and that is irreplaceable.