The Chinese company ByteDance, owner of the short-lived video network TikTok, has confirmed its intention to appeal to the court against the recent order by President Donald Trump, which threatens a ban in the United States.
“In order to ensure the rule of law prevails and our company and our users are treated fairly, we have no choice but to challenge the order of the executive branch in court,” the company said in a statement quoted by CNN. .
The lawsuit is forecast to be filed on Monday, August 24th.
The Chinese company said it tried to respond to Washington’s national security concerns but encountered “a lack of due process” as the government disregarded the facts and tried to negotiate between companies. “.
The President of the United States signed an executive order earlier this month banning “any” transaction with the company that owns the TikTok mobile application ByteDance. The order will take effect next month, 45 days after its proclamation.