Skip to content

Three women nominated for the Binance Awards are excluded from Instagram

July 7, 2020

Rachel Siegel, also known as CryptoFinally, was recently the only woman to be nominated for the Binance Influencer Awards. You and two other influential colleagues in the crypto space claim to have been expelled unfair by Instagram after criticizing the lack of representation of women in the blockchain industry. The other women who are said to be affected are TechWithCatalina and GirlGoneCrypto.

Question the “status”

Siegel told Cointelegraph She has always been very vocal about underrepresenting women in the cryptocurrency industry. She found that of the 25 nominees for the award, she was the only woman:

“I spoke very loudly about the gender differences in the cryptocurrency community, and people are not happy about it. They were never happy to talk about feminist values, so we know that the people who were removed , I were GirlGoneCrypto <...> and <...> TechWithCatalina. “

The latter was the only woman who was nominated for the Spanish Binance Awards. Both women are known to work with Siegel.

Three women nominated for the Binance Awards are excluded from InstagramThree women nominated for the Binance Awards are excluded from Instagram

It is possible that Instagram users who disagreed or felt threatened by the requests for admission reported the trio to Instagram either individually or together. As soon as enough users report a user, their account is usually blocked until a manual check.

Selection of the nominees

The nominees for Binance Influencer Awards They appear to have been determined by both the community and the Binance team. The community vote carried 60% of the weight and the Binance team the remaining 40%.

Cointegraph contacted Binance for further comments, but received no response at the time of this release.