This entrepreneur works in spaces of 5 minutes, skips breakfast and avoids using emails.
Elon Musk is a busy person.
The founder of Tesla and Space X spends his weeks working for both companies, eating in 5-minute spaces and skipping phone calls to be more productive.
It is not surprising that your daily activity schedule is full.
Based on past interviews, the Business Insider page rebuilt how this real-life Tony Stark spends his days.
Check out Elon Musk's daily agenda:
- Start your days from 7 am In an Ask Me Anything in Reddit, the entrepreneur said he likes to sleep 6 hours at night.
- Breakfast is usually skipped. Occasionally he sits down to eat a coffee and an omelette (if he has time).
- For him there is nothing more important than taking a daily bath. He once said on Reddit that it is the habit he most appreciates.
- Once he gets out of bed, Musk follows an agenda that is divided by 5-minute tasks. The entrepreneur is known for working 85 to 100 hours a week and he estimates that he spends 85% of his time designing or working in engineering.
Photo: Paul Sakuma / AP
- No two days are the same for Musk. Spend Mondays and Fridays in Los Angeles on SpaceX, while Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday occupy them to direct Tesla from the Bay of California. Quartz estimates that Musk spends 42 hours a week working on Tesla and 40 on SpaceX. The businessman has told Y Combinator that he dedicates half of his days to designing joint intelligence for the OpenAI organization.
- Their weekends are a “blown up.” On Sundays he travels or spends them in his mansion in Bel Air. On Saturdays you work at SpaceX or …
- He dedicates them to his five children. In a 2013 interview he said that “he cannot be with his children and work at the same time.”
- For Musk, multitasking is key to being able to work as many hours as possible.
- To have a productive day, Musk avoids answering phone calls. It also uses a secret email address so people don't fill it with spam .
Photo: Mark Lennihan / AP
- He hardly goes out to eat. He usually takes his lunch in meetings and finishes it in 5 minutes.
- It feeds well thanks to dinners. “I eat too much at business dinners,” he told Auto Bild.
- To eat, prefer to drink a diet Coca-Cola. According to CBS, the entrepreneur prefers French cuisine, barbecue and whiskey.
- He goes to the gym two or three times a week to keep fit.
- Despite his busy life, Musk takes time to read. Some of his favorite titles are The Lord of the Rings , biographies of innovators like Benjamin Franklin and Albert Einstein, and a little known adventure book called.
Photo: Mario Anzuoni / Reuters
- Musk may seem like a “killed”, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know how to have fun. The entrepreneur once celebrated a birthday at a castle in England where a knife thrower burst a balloon between his legs.
- At the end of the day, Musk goes to bed at 1 am That late hour of rest should not surprise the man who is trying to take humans to Mars.