There are also cyber attacks related to the Covid 19 pandemic, considering that part of working life has been transferred to digital environments. Various challenges for computer security have arisen. In this scenario, blockchain tools could come in handy. This was stated in an article in El Diario de Coahila from Mexico.
“Figures from Trend Micro, a cybersecurity company, show that Mexico is ranked 21st among the 25 countries with the most cyber-attacks under health conditions. One of the most common attacks has been phishing (for theft of confidential information) since the pandemic began it has increased by 350%. This situation has also increased the risk for businesses to lose or disclose confidential information, “the article said in detail.
Information that can easily be lost includes business secrets. “It is nothing more than confidential information that gives a particular company a competitive advantage or an economic advantage over the competition. These kinds of secrets can include customer lists, software programs, business plans and even kitchen recipes,” added the publication.
José Miguel Mena López, head of the legal department at ClarkeModet México, said:
“This information is protected internally, and its validity and validity depend heavily on the protection that the holder of the information does so that it does not become publicly available. Once it is publicly available, it is no longer a trade secret and everyone can.” use it. “
When asked how blockchain technologies can be used to protect this type of sensitive and valuable information for businesses, he replied:
“Bblockchain is connected to the cryptocurrency market since it was the first use when this technology was generated. However, it was eventually used for other types of commercial and industrial applications. In particular, commercial property is used to create a digital evidence record because of this technology is a kind of industrial record. ”
Mena López believed that blockchain can help effectively to protect “all information that represents an economic advantage for the company”.
According to El Diario De Coahila, the use of this technology also meets the legal requirement that the holder of sensitive information or business secrets must take adequate protective measures. This would make it possible to take action against him or those responsible for the misuse and / or disclosure of sensitive information.
However, in the same article It was clarified that blockchain alone is not enough. And Mena López emphasized that this technology is another tool: “Businesses need to design a complete legal, computerized, and physical protection framework that can effectively demonstrate that they have taken all reasonable business secret measures. In other words, a full business protection plan should be drawn up for them. You should.” as a trade secret policy, “he stressed.
- You may be interested in:
- Mexico: Compared to Covid-19, Domitai highlights the benefits of blockchain technology for governments
- Mexico: The University of Guadalajara implements blockchain technology
- The Civic Commissioner of the Institute for Transparency in Mexico City confirms that blockchain can contribute to public administration
- Mexico: From Domitai, they have noticed an increasing interest in Bitcoin
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Cardano, Monero, TRON: Price analysis, October 22 (2018)
- Price analysis from November 7th: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Cardano, Monero, TRON (2018)
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Cardano, Monero, TRON: price analysis, November 5 (2018)