The emerging and provisional Package in support of the contingency by COVID-19 was developed in conjunction with the main domestic Internet providers in Mexico to help people whose income has been reduced due to the contingency.
3 min read
As a result of the collaborative regulation mechanisms led by the Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFT) , and in order to support users during the health emergency caused by COVID-19, the landline and telephony service operators izzi , Megacable, Telmex , Totalplay and Maxcom agreed to offer their clients the option of temporarily migrating to a low-cost plan.
The Contingency Support package responds to the commitment and social responsibility of the concessionaires so that users who face a difficult situation due to the effects of the pandemic maintain connectivity services in their homes, so it will be available from May 1 to active subscribers with a fixed internet access contract.
Said plan will only be available to residential users, it will cost 100 pesos per package, including VAT , or per month, as defined by each operator in accordance with their commercial policies. Among its main benefits and features are:
- Internet access service with a browsing speed of up to 2Mbps (Megabits per second). Does not include video or video games.
- It allows free browsing and unlimited data (email, use of instant messaging or others).
- Users who also have fixed telephone services will be able to continue receiving calls and dial free 911 and 089 emergency numbers, as well as the line enabled by the Federal Government for the attention of the health emergency (800 0044 800).
- To migrate to this plan, subscribers must be current on their payments until April 30 of the current year.
- The payment deadline will be deferred, in accordance with the commercial policies of each operator, to a date later than the applicable expiration date of the package.
Users who require migration to said package may request it once, without penalty, during the month of May and remain in it until June 30, they should only be previously informed of their payments as of April 30, 2020. After the two months of validity of this support, clients will return to the originally contracted plan, with the conditions, term and services applicable to the subscriber.