86% of couples who decided to have a wedding in 2020 cut the number of guests to have a small ceremony.
5 min read
- Multi-day weddings have emerged as the second option for celebrating weddings, giving the bride and groom two to three days to celebrate with different groups of guests.
The way to celebrate weddings in 2020 has changed drastically due to the pandemic. Social distancing has resulted in thousands of grooms having to cancel or postpone their marriage date, which has also impacted many companies that offer their services, such as banquets, venues, and others. As a result of these events, the bridal industry took the opportunity to reinvent itself and come up with a new concept for weddings that will be a trend in the coming months.
Local Trendy, The company, which specializes in the rental and furnishing of social and business events, has taken advantage of this trend and revised the concept of “new weddings”. From now on, he will focus on petite weddings or petite weddings. These small ceremonies take place for a maximum of 10 to 50 guests and offer an event with more intimacy and symbolism for the bride and groom. In addition, all current hygiene measures can be observed.
On the other hand, multi-day weddings have emerged as the second option for celebrating weddings, giving the bride and groom two to three days to celebrate with different groups of guests. They can be family members on the first day, friends on the second, and a mix of both groups or people who were unable to attend the previous celebrations on the third. Also with the option to split it into two chapters in a day or up to a month. These events are mainly held at grandparents, parents, uncles, outdoors and in personal locations to make them easier to conduct. The couple can choose to do it during the week or on Saturday and Sunday.
According to the portal Wedding.com, By the beginning of May, more than 113,000 weddings were affected by the contingency, which represented 23% of the total number of marriages taking place in our country, of which 77% will be postponed until the end of the year. 15% will be accommodated in 2021 and 8% have not yet set an appointment. Regarding religious ceremonies, the Ministry of Health reiterates that it is recommended that churches operate at 30% of their capacity while the epidemiological light is orange.
Because of this, a new trend in weddings has been defined that offers two new options to avoid having to wait that special day. With the help of the creativity of Local Trendy, a dream wedding can be achieved in an intimate ceremony that is a unique experience for the engaged couple.
Make the most of your wedding
These are some tips Local Trendy gives us to help maximize your wedding without neglecting the hygiene measures that need to be taken.
- Choose the type of wedding you want: Petite Wedding or Multi-Day Wedding.
- Find the companies that can design a wedding the way you imagined, adapt to new trends and at the same time properly maintain hygiene measures.
- For the celebration, some of the elements that will be a must are: social distancing, proper hand hygiene, use of hydroalcoholic gels, gloves and masks. Some companies already make matching masks for the wedding dress and groom suit so that the style is never lost.
- Include additional information on hygiene measures in the invitations.
- Use technological tools. Add anyone who can’t attend the celebration on a livestream so they can enjoy every detail of the event.
- It’s important to consider animations that guests can enjoy remotely, both for attendees and for people following the event digitally.
- All employees must adhere to strict safety measures and the sweet table service, in which one person is responsible for serving the portions, in order to avoid self-service.
“The way you do weddings is definitely going to change, but it’s going to have more meaning. We know how important this date is to lovers, so at Local Trendy we focus on getting to know the couple and capturing their essence in every detail of the celebration, no matter how big or small, so that they can enjoy it in the best possible way, to make this moment unforgettable, ”commented Zaira Zepeda, founder of Local Trendy.