The airline has announced new measures, here we tell you what you should know.
Read for 3 min
The impact of COVID-19 on the aviation industry was reported in a International Air Transport Association (IATA) said the $ 84 billion loss is expected in 2020. The airlines had to adapt to current health and economic needs.
In this context, Aeroméxico Announced its flexibility guidelines for tickets purchased from July 1st. If you are comparing from this date and want to change your travel plans, you should know the following:
1. The company does not charge any fees for changes to the date and route as long as the original ticket was purchased at the Classic, AM Plus, Flexible or Premier / Comfort tariffs.
2. If you cannot fly, you have the option to request an Electronic Miscellaneous Document EMD. In this way, the cost of the ticket plus 15% of the pre-tax rate and other fees can be reimbursed.
3. The above document is valid for one year from the date of issue and can be used to travel anywhere with the company.
4. If the flight is canceled, you can also apply for an EMD with the cost of your ticket plus 15%. You can also make a new reservation free of charge for the first change, regardless of the price of the first ticket.
5. If the new fare is higher, the difference will be awarded as long as the customer chooses a new flight within 14 days of his first trip.
6. If the cancellation occurs due to government restrictions, the consumer can enjoy the previous benefit if they fly within 30 days of the lifting of those restrictions.
With these measures, Aeroméxico is trying to reactivate its economy in Mexico after bankruptcy filing in the United States. If you would like to take a closer look at the general terms and conditions, we recommend that you visit the official website.
With information from Merca 2.0