MADRID, Sep. 19 (EUROPE PRESS) –
The vice president of Venezuela, Delcy Rodríguez, has defended that the United States has failed in its plans to overthrow the Government of Nicolás Maduro and therefore the only way left is that of dialogue.
“The only thing we expect from the United States Government is that … recover diplomatic channels and dialogue with the Government of Nicolás Maduro,” Rodríguez said, stressing that “there is no other way.”
“They have failed, their projects have failed to defeat the legitimate and constitutional government of Venezuela and they have only one way left that is diplomatic dialogue and negotiation,” the vice president insisted.
The Government of Donald Trump was the first to recognize Juan Guaidó when he proclaimed himself the president in charge of Venezuela on January 23 and since then he has reinforced his sanctions against the country, including its oil sector, and against Maduro and its surroundings.
Washington has also rejected the national dialogue table announced on Monday between the government and four minority opposition parties, arguing that the only serious dialogue that can resolve the crisis in Venezuela is between the Maduro and Guaidó regime.
The Venezuelan vice president, however, has defended the creation of this table, rejected outright by the majority opposition grouped around Guaidó. “This table is very important, we do not need any interference, we can solve our problems,” he said.
“Venezuela has a lot to get by, you have to insist little on what they think outside,” Rodriguez said, ensuring that “Venezuela does not want war, or that they continue to deprive them of their financial resources.”
Last August, both Trump and Maduro acknowledged that there were high-level contacts between the two governments, although it has not transcended what would be discussed in them. According to the press, Diosdado Cabello, vice president of the PSUV ruler and one of the heavyweights of Chavismo, would be intervening in these contacts.