The OOC Oil Bolckchain consortium, which includes Repsol and other new oil companies, has commissioned Deloitte’s services to define cases where blockchain technology can optimize business processes. Accelerate implementation and plan global deployment in the industry. This was reported on June 10 from Spain, El Economista.
According to this post, It was Repsol, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, Equinor, ExxonMobil, Hess, Marathon, Noble Energy, Pioneer Natural Resources and Shell that founded the OCC Oil Gas Blockchain Consortium in 2019. It is “a nonprofit organization that builds a network of business partners to investigate and define blockchain use cases in the oil and gas industry value chain.”
The article in El Economista added: “The goal of the consortium is to promote and strengthen its members’ understanding of technology and its application and to ensure the generation of guidelines, frameworks and solutions that add value in the context of digital transformation create with a view of the sector. “
Blockchain should enable oil companies to increase efficiency and identify weaknessesas well as automating relationships with suppliers and suppliers.
Rebecca Hofmann, President of the OOC Oil Gas Blockchain Consortium, said:
“Blockchain technology continues to evolve and mature. This is why we need to research and collaborate beyond our own industry to solve challenges and deliver a comprehensive value proposition. With the involvement of Deloitte as a strategic advisor, our skills and knowledge are . “
Regarding Repsol in particular, the article states that this company has already worked with a blockchain to certify industrial products together with Finboot, a startup founded by the Repsol Foundation’s corporate fund.
You may be interested in:
- T-Systems proposes the use of AI, IoT and blockchain for the gradual exit from detention in Spain
- Spain: The Virtual Digital District Bootcamp attracts blockchain and fintech startups from 12 countries
- The Conference of Rectors of Spanish Universities released a report on blockchain in academia
- Spain: You are funding a project that embodies working hours for internships in the legal field
- Price analysis from October 3rd: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Cardano, Monero, IOTA (2018)
- Mexico: EthicHub will market its farmers’ coffee and have an online shop
- Argentina: Bitcoinario, a Bitcoin price comparison service, is launched