The spokesman for the international coalition led by Saudi Arabia, Turki al Malki, said on Thursday that he would take “tough measures” against the Houthis after starting a new operation against insurgents in Yemen on Wednesday.
“The Houthi militia leaders are being persecuted and held accountable,” said Al Malki, who said that “attacks on civilians and civilian facilities are a” red line “,” the Saudi newspaper said. “Arab News”.
He recalled that the coalition intercepted a ballistic missile fired by the Houthis against the Saudi capital of Riyadh last week before adding that the projectile was made by Iran, a country that supports the rebels.
Al Malki has also said that the Houthis committed some 4,300 violations of the unilateral ceasefire declared by the coalition about a month and a half ago, although the rebels refused and assured that they would not stop their operations.