The Blockchain Summit UY has been taking place in Montevideo, Uruguay since 2018 with great success. This year, due to the context of the pandemic, the event will take place in a hybrid format – virtually and face to face. It is known as the “Blockchain Summit Global 2020: Technologies Crypto”. It will take place on September 3rd and 4th. This was reported by Ignacio Varese, one of the organizers, Cointelegraph in Spanish.
“We have been hosting the Blockchain Summit in Montevideo every September since 2018 with a great call and very prominent speakers. The 3rd edition touched us in times of a pandemic and caused us to double our creativity, our passion and our enthusiasm, ”explained Varese.
Then he added: “In addition to many new functions, there has been a fantastic development. Our event has evolved into a primarily virtual format and added a personal modality that is no longer in series and that includes an updated health log“”
On the other hand, he remarked: “We are also showing a rebranding that is part of our development. Blockchain Summit UY is now BLOCKCHAIN SUMMIT GLOBAL. With great ambition and great calling, the 3rd edition 2020 will be a global event. “
This event will take place on Thursday, September 3 and Friday, September 4, 2020 for the third time in a row. This time, in a television studio (Studio 9), they present a remarkable agenda with first-class speakers who offer conferences, workshops and panels.
“”Blockchain will be the big topic and act as a trigger and add the technologies with which partners generate current use cases, innovation and evolution directly to Revolution 4.0Varese explained.
Topics such as DeFi, Fintech, cyber security, stablecoins and legal support for blockchain initiatives will be discussed during the event. “”We will have the main platforms, the introduction of new versions, active mining projects and a lot of action in relation to the most important cryptocurrencies, their price and possibilities from the perspective of the most famous traders.“He detailed.
According to the organizers, it will be an opportunity to hear keynote presentations on developments, innovations, laws, public guidelines, real use cases and real success cases.
Organization and conferences
“”This year we have planned the realization of the event in Study 9, from where we are transferred agile and professional to the whole world. The participants can network in virtual meeting rooms, participate in AMA (Ask me Anything) sessions with the keynote speakers and also coordinate individual interviews, ”says Varese.
However, he made it clear: “Personal participation is limited to the capacity of the audience of the television studioand will have the participation of some local speakers as well as special guests with a catering service as part of the current health protocol. “
Here are some keynote speakers scheduled to attend the Blockchain Summit Global on September 3-4, 2020:
– Dr. Ian Gauci from Malta will talk about smart contracts.
– Heather Flannery, CEO of ConsenSys Health, along with David Koepsell, JD, PhD, General Counsel, Chief Ethics Compliance Officer and Market for Latin America in the United States, who will discuss health in a “fireside chat” modality.
– Taha Sajid, PMP, PMI-ACP from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, will speak about cyber security
– María Salgado Iturrino, Blockchain Manager at IECISA | The gfi Group of Spain will refer to Blockchain for Business.
– Federico Ast, Ph.D. from Argentina – The entrepreneur in Blockchain Legaltech, professor at the Coursera, will talk about legal issues.
Amiti Uttarwar from the USA. First confirmed female Bitcoin core developer. His talk is about Bitcoin and women in the world of technology.
– Alberto G. Toribio, technology and innovation specialist from Spain, will report on DEFI
– Dale Chrystie from the USA. The blockchain strategist at FedEx will talk about the supply chain.
– Elian Huesca from Decred Latam (Mexico) – Consultant, lawyer and spokesman for cryptocurrencies, blockchain and fintech. Chevening Scholar 2016. Will talk about governance.
– Cecilia Chapiro from the USA. Investment Advisor Blockchain Portfolio Manager at UNICEF | He’ll talk about finance.
– Lana Kalashnyk from the USA – Blockchain Partner Technology Lead, PSA – Amazon Web Services (AWS). Will talk about cloud computing services
– Carol García Lago from Spain. Senior Manager | IT consulting and innovation Blockchain Lab – Grant Thornton Spain. Reference is made to CBDC topics and blockchain application in payment systems.
– Marta Piekarska-Geater, Great Britain – Director of Ecosystem, Hyperledger. Use cases with Hyperledger.
About the Blockchain Summit 2019
The second edition of the Blockchain Summit Uruguay took place on September 5, 2019 in Montevideo. The date was at the Uruguay Golf Cluband Cointelegraph in Spanish was present.
With two rooms for simultaneous lectures and workshops, a sector with company stands and an ideal climate for networking, the event showed not only the enormous potential of blockchain technology in the region and the great interest from Uruguay, but also from neighboring countries such as Argentina, Brazil and Chile. The organizers Ignacio Varese and Germán Tugores informed Cointelegraph in Spanish that the call had exceeded expectations.
Germán Tugores commented on this occasion: “The balance was positive, we are very happy about the call.”
On the other hand, Ignacio Varese was also very happy. “We see that everything has exceeded expectations. An incredible experience due to the number of speakers. Many and different headlines and platforms. We also had three panels and everything went very well. We estimate that 370 people were present. “
You may be interested in: