News

The Bahamas Health Minister warns that the death toll from ‘Dorian’ will be á “overwhelming”

MADRID, Sep. 6 (EUROPE PRESS) –

Bahamas Health Minister Duane Sands has warned that the death toll from Hurricane 'Dorian' through the country will continue to rise and will become “overwhelming.”

“There is no doubt, the number will continue to increase and will be much higher,” he said in relation to the 30 dead that have been confirmed so far.

The Bahamas Health Minister warns that the death toll from ‘Dorian’ will be á “overwhelming”
The Bahamas Health Minister warns that the death toll from ‘Dorian’ will be á “overwhelming”

“It will be significantly higher,” he said in statements to local station Guardian Radio. “I think it will be overwhelming,” he added.

Sands has indicated that the country is bringing additional funeral homes while carrying out refrigerated storage of the bodies found so far.

Hurricane 'Dorian' made landfall on Sunday in the archipelago of the Bahamas with winds of up to 354 kilometers per hour. The United Nations has warned that at least 70,000 people need “immediate” help in the Bahamas, especially in the Abaco Islands and Grand Bahama.

Similar Posts