Follow these tips for a reward that will keep your team motivated.
December is coming and the costs are rising: Christmas shopping They ruin the pockets of many. Because of this, the obligation is the bonus 2020 is a necessary part of the employee’s wallet.
The Royal Academy of the Spanish Language defines the Christmas gift as a gift given for Christmas, although it is also called like that given at another party or occasion.
In Mexico, the bonus is more than a tradition because as an advantage it is a bonus Employment Law recognized by Article 87 of the Federal Labor Act, which stipulates that employees are entitled to an annual bonus, which must be paid before December 20, which corresponds to a salary of at least fifteen days.
As an employer, you should know that there are laws in place to assist your employee with bonuses, a right your team has struggled to acquire after a year of work. Don’t forget that a happy worker produces much better.
So that you don’t suffer any setbacks from your employees, it is good that you know certain tips about the Christmas bonus. Here’s how you know for sure what to do when you get these expected benefits:
1st time: If the employee has not completed the year of service in the company, regardless of whether he is working on the day of delivery of the liquidation of this bonus, he has the right to receive the pro-rata amount from it, provided that it depends on the time he worked, adapting to these fifteen days of payment.
2. How and how is it calculated: The legal minimum is a fifteen day salary, but you should know that some companies give more. That only depends on you as an employer. The bonus must be calculated based on the current daily salary. However, if your employee receives a variable salary, the calculation must be based on an average of the salaries received during the year or during his working hours.
4. Formula: To calculate the size of an employee’s bonus, you need to divide their monthly income by 30 to get their daily salary, and then multiply that number by the number of days your company grants (at least 15).
5. Disability: If the worker is part of the group of disabled workers or is on maternity leave, he is still considered an active worker and must receive his bonus. If he has not yet completed his year of service, he must be paid a salary proportional to what you received during your working hours.
6. Payment method: You must do this in cash and using legal tender. You cannot deliver vouchers or goods.
7. Discounts: You can deduct percentages if your employee has maintenance debts or credits with your company.
8. Penalties: You should know that there is an article number 1002 of the Federal Labor Act that says that if you fail to pay the appropriate bonus, you can become a believer in a fine that is anywhere from 3 to 315 days of minimum wage.
9. Who will receive it: The right to receive the Christmas bonus 2020 is not dependent on any position or category. Everyone who is a worker has the right to have it.
10. Conditions: This payment does not depend on the annual duration of the services. So if your employee has not worked fully in the last year, he should still receive a bonus in proportion to the hours worked.
Do not spend your 2020 Christmas bonus
If you’ve already received, or will be, yours Christmas bonus 2020 By next week at the latest, we recommend not spending it and using it responsibly instead. Some tips to take advantage of this year-end bonus are:
- Avoid emotional issues. Don’t be tempted to spend it on things that are for sale or that you don’t really need. That said, don’t make compulsive purchases.
- Pay debt. The best gift you can give yourself for 2020 is to start the year with less financial pressure.
- Don’t spend everything on Christmas gifts. Remember, you really are not Santa Claus. It is better to give something simple but meaningful than something expensive.
- Save up. Save your money, but avoid “little by little” ant spending.
- Invest it wisely. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket and use various investment vehicles such as cetes, funds, stocks, savings accounts, etc.
- Don’t borrow it. If he’s not a person you absolutely trust, it’s always better to have “clear accounts and long friendships”.