Make her feel special without leaving home.
Read for 3 min
A mother is an entire universe. Mothers are the ones who give us the tools to discover life. Often they all know our secrets and they are always there for us, no matter what the circumstances.
A mother’s love is infinite and although we reciprocate each day, we would like to share five books on Mother’s Day that Scribd recommended to make us feel special:
1) Mothers and Daughters in History: From the Agrippines to the Curie: Discover nine of the most incredible stories of mothers and daughters ever. The author María Pilar Queralt del Hierro carefully analyzes the mysterious and close relationship that exists in brotherly love between two women of the same generation.
2) A gin and tonic for mom. Diary of a crowded mother: Welcome to the world of Gill Sims Pages, a unique writer with a great emotional vision for current affairs. In this novel, Sims makes it clear that being a mother is not easy, and wrote a faithful portrait of the modern woman, surrounded by responsibility, adversity, and frustration.
3) Small fleeting fires everywhere: Have you ever heard that a mother’s love moves more than the mountains? This is the story of Mia Warren, a single mother who, although haunted by hundreds of past spirits to this day, will demonstrate the strength of her maternal instinct.
4) Violent attachments: There is no one who lets us see as much of the intimacy of his heart in his memories as Vivian Gornick. In very few cases, literature has given us an author who enables us to examine the emotional ties of the relationship with her mother, as in this spectacular book.
5) Disobedient mother: Mothers are everything and that includes a strong warrior. From a feminist point of view, this essay deals with the role of the mother in society and how women had to fight the scars of motherhood. It is a title that makes us wonder how difficult it is to be a mother even in modern times.