Skip to content

Pyongyang reiterates that it is not considering meeting with the United States and accuses Seoul of interfering in its affairs

July 7, 2020

The North Korean authorities said Tuesday that they are ruling out the resumption of negotiations with the United States that have stalled since October last year and have criticized the Seoul government for “interference” with the South Korean Ministry of Unification. It will ensure that it is ready to mediate again between the two countries.

“Again, we explicitly have no intention of facing the United States face to face,” said Kwon Jong Gun, Director General of the Department of American Affairs of the North Korean State Department.

“It is time for him to stop interfering in other people’s affairs, but there seems to be no cure or prescription for his bad habit,” Kwon said in a statement by North Korean news agency KCNA to head of South Korean Ministry of Unification Kim Yeon Chul.

Pyongyang reiterates that it is not considering meeting with the United States and accuses Seoul of interfering in its affairsPyongyang reiterates that it is not considering meeting with the United States and accuses Seoul of interfering in its affairs

“We are sorry that he is trying so hard to become the ‘mediator’. Time will tell whether his efforts will be successful or whether he will only lose credibility and ridicule,” he continued.