The World Tourism Organization is looking for solutions to restore health to the sector. Enter the call and apply your idea!
3 min read
This story originally appeared on Mexico Unknown
May this time be used to create, to propose, to design solutions for the immediate future of tourism.
The Healing Solutions Tourism Challenge is now open for the innovative recovery ideas to germinate in this quarantine.
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) launched the Solutions Contest to restore health to tourism, with the intention of convening creatives, startups , entrepreneurs and innovators to solve one of the great challenges of the industry.
The objective of this initiative is to recover the negative impact that Covid-19 is leaving on global tourism . The idea is that projects from all over the world apply for immediate effects in the comprehensive recovery of the tourism sector from three areas: health, economy and destination management.
Requirements for the contest to restore health to tourism
Among the requirements of this tourism health competition are that the projects have completed the trial phase and are ready to scale globally with a structured business plan to get going.
Through this contest, methods, processes, government structures, social impact initiatives, technological applications and existing technologies are being summoned , among other forms of innovation that meet the following characteristics:
- Be innovative and provide value-added solutions
- Have a business model and a proven pilot
- Having been previously accelerated
- That it has the potential to be implemented in many countries
All those interested can present their projects in the following health categories for three different entities:
- People (security measures, sanitary methods and early crisis detection)
- Prosperity (collaborative economy, demand recovery, circular economy, investment and revenue management solutions)
- Destinations (destination recovery techniques, including crisis communication, mobility, brand repositioning, recovering traveler confidence)
Companies, freelancers , startups and innovators will be able to apply for their project until April 15 on the website of the World Tourism Organization or here and the finalists will be announced on the 25th.
- Among others, the reward is based on a series of business privileges, including:
- Obtain a digital agenda with access to more than 150 ministers
- Sending information from the best providers for tourism recovery
- Links with world governments, such as with the Secretary General of the World Tourism Organization
- Access to IE University Wow Room, an innovative space to present solutions
This contest seeks to recover globally the negative impact of the pandemic, do you think you can contribute, what are you waiting for? Submit your project!