Consider the size of your product and the quantities to be sent to define the dimensions and material of your box. Make sure it is durable to ensure the protection of your goods.
Read for 4 minutes
The opinions of the employees of s You are personal.
* The author is UPS Marketing Manager
The success of a developing company depends on factors such as: product, Customer service, logistics and packaging of your products; In the area of e-commerce in particular, the environment is very competitive and packaging is becoming an introductory letter for companies.
We therefore share important points that your company should take into account when packaging products:
Plan the packaging
Perform a planning exercise and consider the following elements:
- The box: Consider the size of your product and the quantities to be sent to define the dimensions and material of your box. Make sure that it is stable to ensure the protection of your goods. We recommend using new corrugated boxes.
- avoid damage: Leave at least 2 cm of space between the object and its sides for protection and reinforce the edges of the packaging to prevent bending. You can also apply 1 or 2 layers of chewing gum, antistatic peanuts or other materials to protect the product from possible bumps.
- The sealed: Use a security band at the top and bottom of the box.
- The tagged: The label must contain all shipping information correctly to ensure that the package reaches its destination. Place the label in a visible and smooth place so that it does not come off. You can also use them as advertising media. For example, UPS can personalize shipping labels, either with the company logo to improve brand positioning or a message with a promotional code to increase sales. This tool is not only a differentiator for growing companies, but also an option for savings and added value.
Protect your product
It is important that your products are protected. When packaging, you also need to consider their handover, as the package can be transported by sea, air or land and must in any case be well packaged, especially if it is a fragile product. Well-planned logistics can help you keep your parcels in good condition, optimize costs and improve the customer experience. Shipments should never be scheduled at the last minute.
Take the opportunity to analyze the customer experience, imagine how you can receive and unpack your product. According to the study UPS The pulse of the online shopper87% of buyers said they continued shopping online due to the satisfaction of their shopping experience.
Support from a logistics expert
By building alliances with an experienced logistics service provider and an experienced infrastructure, the risk of damage to your products is reduced and the delivery of these products is simplified.
Remember that packaging is one of the few direct contacts for buyers in an increasingly digital world. The impression they have of the packaging can influence their opinion about your company and create more opportunities for them to make a new purchase, which helps to create loyalty to your company. Personalized packaging, specially developed for each product, gives customers the opportunity to have a good shopping experience. Remember the first impression counts!