Original note published in High Level
The President of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, said that nothing will be hidden about the accident that took place last night Line 12 of the Mexico City subwaywho has left so far 23 people died and dozens of injuries.
The president offered condolences to the incident, in which an elevated section collapsed while a subway convoy passed between Olivos and Tezonco stations at 10:25 p.m. on Monday.
The government of the Mexican capital will commission an international company to submit an external report Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum said on Tuesday about the causes of the accident in the subway of the Mexican capital, in which 23 dead and dozen injured died on Monday evening.
Sheinbaum stated that 79 people were hospitalized as a result of the accident, 19 women and 60 men, five of whom are unidentified, while the bodies of four of the 23 deceased are still found in the wreckage of the train.
Image: Via Alto Nivel
“We will be looking for an international company that is certified both in the Metro and in structural problems for you to do an external technical expertise“, Sheinbaum confirmed during the morning press conference of President Andrés Manuel López Obrador and announced that the local prosecutor is investigating what happened.
The official said it was too early to set responsibilities for accidents on the subway, while the President guaranteed that responsibilities would be set once the investigations were conducted.
The foreign minister and former head of government when line 12 of the CDMX was being built and inaugurated, Marcelo Ebrard, expressed his condolences to the families of the victims and made himself available to the authorities.
“I made myself available to the relevant authorities to clarify what happened and to define responsibilities. I share the outrage of society about what happened. “