Skip to content

U.S. and Afghans move into an insurgent stronghold

September 26, 2018
Related News about U.S. and Afghans move into an insurgent stronghold

Sort by: Relevance : Date

U.S. and Afghan forces opened a new operation against Taliban and Al Qaeda militants in the east as a NATO general announced that Islamic fighters in southern Afghanistan had been successfully forced from safe havens. (International Herald Tribune — 18 September, 2006)
+ related stories

American and Afghan forces moved Sunday into one of the areas most troubled by insurgents in recent months, as part of a broader operation. But while they encountered little insurgent activity, they did face anger and frustration from the local population. (International Herald Tribune — 18 September, 2006)
+ related stories

NATO and Afghan government troops have forced Taliban insurgents out of a southern Afghan district after a two-week operation in which NATO said hundreds of militants were killed. (CNN — 19 September, 2006)
+ related stories

A suicide bomber on a bicycle attacked Canadian troops handing out candy to children in southern Afghanistan on Monday, killing four NATO soldiers and wounding many others, officials said. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the blast. (CNN — 18 September, 2006)
+ related stories

Nato says a two-week operation has driven Taleban militants from a stronghold in southern Afghanistan. (BBC News — 18 September, 2006)
+ related stories

A suicide bomber on a bicycle killed four Canadian troops patrolling in southern Afghanistan on Monday and wounded at least 27 other people, officials said. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the blast. (International Herald Tribune — 19 September, 2006)
+ related stories

KAFIR BAND, Afghanistan, Sept. 18 — Three suicide bombers killed at least 19 people across Afghanistan on Monday, including four Canadian soldiers in an attack that tested the NATO alliance’s claim of success in driving insurgents from this volatile southern region. (Washington Post — 6 hours ago)
+ related stories

A suicide bomber plowed his explosive-laden vehicle into a Canadian military convoy in southern Afghanistan on Sunday, killing one civilian, as thousands of American and Afghan troops unleashed a new offensive against Taliban militants in country’s east. (International Herald Tribune — 17 September, 2006)
+ related stories

KABUL, Afghanistan, Sept. 5 — The government of Pakistan signed a peace accord Tuesday with pro-Taliban forces in the volatile tribal areas bordering Afghanistan, agreeing to withdraw its troops from the region in return for the fighters’ pledge to stop attacks inside Pakistan and across the… (Washington Post — 8 minutes ago)
+ related stories

Afghan forces recapture a district headquarters from the Taleban in western Farah province, police say. (BBC News — 16 September, 2006)
+ related stories

Page1