Two men dead after Edgware ‘carbon monoxide leak’

Bacon LaneImage copyrightGoogle
Image caption A neighbouring property on Bacon Lane was evacuated as a precaution

Two men have been found dead at a house following a suspected carbon monoxide leak.

The pair, aged 38 and 42, were discovered at a property on Bacon Lane in Edgware, north west London, at 13:30 BST.

Five people, including two young boys, have been taken to hospital as a precaution, Scotland Yard said.

A spokesman said the deaths were being treated as unexplained. A post-mortem examination is due to take place.

Police believe there was a possible carbon monoxide leak at the building, which was “multiple occupancy”.

People from a neighbouring property were evacuated as a precaution but have since returned home.

The Metropolitan Police said no arrests have been made.

Shocking and sad

The force said in a statement: “Police in Harrow continue to deal alongside the Health and Safety Executive who have been informed.”

The occupants of the rented property are thought to have moved in just weeks ago.

One neighbour, who thought they were from Eastern Europe, said: “It’s really shocking, very sad, the loss of life. It doesn’t matter how it happens, but it’s really sad.”

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

  Subscribe  
Notify of