The armies of Armenia and Azerbaijan launched new border confrontations on Thursday that they accused each other of, with no current information on deaths from the renewed fighting.
The Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense issued a statement confirming “active military operations” in the Tovuz region and confirming the death of a military during the same. He also said that “20 military (…) enemies have died in the fighting so far”.
The Armenian Ministry of Defense has in turn denounced an “attempt at infiltration” by the Azerbaijani army in this border area. “After a bloody fight, the opponent who suffered losses was beaten back. Armenia did not suffer any losses,” he said.
The President of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), George Tsereteli, has urged both countries to ease tensions and participate in “substantial negotiations”, according to a statement released by the panel.