The United Nations Multi-Dimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA) announced on Thursday that an investigation had begun after thirteen civilians were discovered in Bossangoa sub-prefecture after an attack the government said had been killed by the rebels of the Patriots Coalition for Change (CPC).
MINUSCA received reports on Wednesday of the “violent” deaths of several people in this area in Ouham Prefecture, north of the capital Bangui.
The mission sent a joint patrol on the Bossangoa-Nana-Bakassa axis to check the facts and, according to a report, confirmed the discovery of 13 bodies in Bongboto, 12 kilometers from Bossangoa.
MINUSCA, which has sent a joint mission to investigate and clarify the matter, therefore assured that it would help to “clarify this unfortunate incident”.
It has also stated that it is “ready” to assist the government so that the alleged perpetrators of these heinous crimes can be “identified, arrested and tried”.
In this regard, the Central African Republic government said on Wednesday in a statement compiled by the Corbeau News portal that the attack by elements of the CCP, which unites six armed groups in the country, is “against peaceful” citizens. “