The Mexican Association of Gyms and Clubs has announced the measures it will take to serve customers and fitness center employees.
Increase your business, Not your inbox
Stay up to date and subscribe to our daily newsletter now!
Read for 4 minutes
A few days ago, the Under Secretary of State was responsible for health and responsible for the national strategy Hugo López-Gatell Against the spread of the coronavirus, SARSCov2 indicated that gyms would be the last facilities to return to normal operations due to the additional considerations that these locations should avoid Covid-19 infections. This is because in the Sports centers Concentrations of people are generated in enclosed spaces, exercise equipment is shared, and you breathe more quickly and through your mouth, which can pose an additional risk to users.
With this in mind, the Mexican Association of Gyms and Clubs has decided to publish the hygiene measures that its related brands will use to protect its customers and employees, and to start operations as soon as they are authorized.
According to a statement by Nelson Vargas, spokesman for the agency, collected by The universalThis protocol was developed with the measures proposed by various sports associations worldwide and the recommendations of the Ministry of Health.
The Mexican Association of Gyms and Clubs has members such as 9Round, Anytime Fitness, All Sports, ATTIC, Be Wellness Guadalajara, Be Dynamic, C +, Club Tarango, Clubsportway, Easy Fit, Family Fitness, Fitspin, Fit Spot, Gym Tijuana, Laden, Nelson Vargas, Orangetheory Fitness, SmartFit, Snap Fitness, Sportstadt, Sportium, Sportwelt, Titelboxclub and Vivo 47.
These are some measures that the Mexican Association of Gyms and Clubs Proposed and added are those currently formulated by the Mexican health authority:
- The entrance to the gyms has temporary physical or distance barriers.
- Customers receive antibacterial gel in dispensers at the entrances to the facilities as well as in all areas of general use.
- Customers and employees may have a 70% alcohol gel solution in every area of the gym.
- They provide disinfectant wipes so that customers can clean common contact surfaces such as weights, bicycle handlebars and electronic controls
- Treadmills and others before and after physical activity.
- The disinfectant is placed in damp areas such as showers or bathrooms.
- Images (printed or on screens) are included with messages about healthy removal, hand washing, cleaning of commonly used items, and respiratory hygiene.
- Workers are trained to be vigilant to avoid being infected by themselves and their customers.
- Safety equipment such as face masks, goggles and / or face masks are placed between the counter areas.
- Programs to monitor the physical and mental health of personnel are started and a protocol is created for the management of suspicious and confirmed workers using Covid-19.
- If you have a swimming pool, the gym should place supports so that each user can hang their towel individually at a healthy distance.
- Edges and ladders should be cleaned at the end of each workout.
- A temporarily limited quota is imposed to maintain healthy removal rules.