The largest festival of creativity, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship, Jalisco Talent Land, is rescheduled for June 29 to July 03, 2020 by COVID-19. To date, seven confirmed infections have been registered in the state.
4 min read
The opinions expressed by collaborators are personal.
For the third consecutive year, the state of Jalisco was preparing to gather more than 40 thousand people from April 13 to 17, 2020 in the largest talent gathering event, Jalisco Talent Land , however, as part of the actions of Prevention and control established by the state government, in coordination with the Talent Network, made the decision to reschedule it for the summer, from June 29 to July 03, 2020.
According to the daily report of the Ministry of Health, as of March 17, seven cases of COVID-19 were registered in the state of Jalisco.
“In the current context, it is very important to take measures to prevent any affectation to the social and productive sectors of the state. We consider that the best decision is to reschedule the event for the summer and thus ensure the success and growth of this great platform and continue to guarantee the development of talent from Jalisco for the world “, explained Alejandro Guzmán Larralde, general coordinator of Growth and Economic Development of the State of Jalisco.
For the 2020 edition, there will be 10 thematic lands for attendees -or talents- to enjoy exhibitors, conferences, workshops and content, distributed as follows:
- AgroLand. Emerging technologies, machinery and a little science to improve productivity and competitiveness in the field.
- Blockchain Land. Blockchain and government, blockchain (data structures) and financial applications, developers and use cases.
- Bussiness Land. ship, new business, financing, electronic commerce and interactive marketing.
- Creative Land. Ideas and projects focused on design, music, cinema, fashion, comics and transmedia.
- Developer Land. Developer land.
- Gamer Land. The most intense tournaments and the most tight eSports fair.
- Iron Land. Robotics and drone competitions.
- Future Land. Science, physics, green technologies, among others.
- Health Land. Nanotechnology, biotechnology, smart fitness, health tracking, wearables, are just some of the topics.
- Travel Land. Interactive experiences, mobile technology, virtual assistance, VR AR, market intelligence, social networks and consumer services.
And so that you are encouraged to attend now, as part of this adjustment of dates, in addition to the face-to-face event, “Jalisco Talent Land from Home” will be held for the first time from April 13 to 17. It is an innovative proposal for free online conferences, workshops, challenges and competitions. Likewise, and as a thank you to the attendees, Iván Millán Campos, director of Talent Network anticipates that with the purchase of the ticket for Jalisco Talent Land 2020, you automatically receive entry to the 2021 edition at no additional cost.
Some of the speakers for 2020 are María Ariza, General Director of the Institutional Stock Exchange (BIVA); Sofía Macías, author of the book Little Capitalist Pig, Ophelia Pastrana, three-time TEDx speaker, influencer on technology issues and openly transgender women; Edward Snowden, cybersecurity expert and former CIA officer; Hugo Blendl, 2D and 3D character designer and animator for the Rick and Morty series; among almost 300 more speakers who will meet throughout this week of creativity, technology and talent.
For more information, go to talent-land.mx/ and stay tuned for coverage.