Italian Health Minister Roberto Speranza announced on Thursday that the government has banned entry into Italy and transit of citizens from Serbia, Montenegro and Kosovo due to the risk of the new corona virus pandemic.
“I have signed a new regulation that will add Serbia, Montenegro and Kosovo to the list of vulnerable countries,” said the head of the Italian health agency, Adnkronos. “Those who have been in these areas for the past 14 days are prohibited from entering and passing through Italy,” he said.
Speranza has said that the pandemic is “in the most difficult phase” global, and has therefore acted “with extreme caution” to defend “the progress made so far in Italy”.
Italy has become the European country most affected by the coronavirus pandemic by number of cases and deaths, but is currently the most controlled situation. 162 cases have been reported in the last 24 hours, with a total of 243,000 infections and 34,997 deaths. .