Iran threatens to abandon the nuclear deal commission for the US return

Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi warned Thursday that if talks do not advance, he will leave the Atomic Accords Commission for the Return of the United States.

“If there is progress, we will continue. If not, we will leave the talks,” said the deputy minister as his country’s main negotiator in the second round of this commission, which, according to the data protection authority, is taking place in Vienna.

The high representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs, Josep Borrell, representatives of China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom and Iran, as well as the Deputy Secretary General of the EU External Action Service, the Spaniard, diplomat Enrique Mora, also take part in this meeting.

Iran threatens to abandon the nuclear deal commission for the US return
Iran threatens to abandon the nuclear deal commission for the US return

Mora has described his return to Vienna as “good” on his commission Twitter pics to move talks forward despite the very challenging events and announcements in recent days, “he said of the announcement of Iran’s increased uranium enrichment percentage.

The diplomatic process started last week, based on the work of the expert groups, seeks to devise a choreography that will allow the parties to commit to the agreement again. The idea is to use the “window of opportunity” presented by the arrival at the White House of Joe Biden, who has shown his willingness to lift sanctions against Tehran.

In the first round of talks on April 9, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said there were “signs” that Washington will review its position and lift the sanctions, while portfolio head Javad Zarif said the United States must first revert to the agreement for Iran to commit to full compliance.

Similar Posts