DUBAI, Aug 31 (Reuters / EP) –
The Minister of Information and Communications Technology of Iran, Mohammad Javad Azari Jahromi, said on Saturday through the social network Twitter that the Iranian satellite that exploded during its launch at the Imam Khomeini Space Center has not been damaged.
Previously, Trump clarified on Twitter that “the United States has not been involved in the catastrophic accident (occurred) during final preparations for the launch of Safir SLV at Shuttle One in Semnan, in Iran.” My best wishes to Iran and good luck to determine what has happened, “said the North American president.
The rocket exploded on its launch pad on Thursday, Iranian authorities have detailed, although the country's media did not report the launch's failure.
Washington has repeatedly expressed concern over these types of launches, considering that the technology used for the orbiting of satellites would also serve to improve missiles and even provide them with nuclear warheads. Tehran has always denied these accusations.
The Trump Administration has increased economic pressure on Iran this year with economic sanctions to try to force this country to renegotiate a pact reached with the world powers in 2015 that limits its nuclear program.
Trump has offered to hold talks with Iran, but Tehran says it must first get relief from US sanctions.