Bitcoin

IBM Executive believes businesses need new hardware and software for hybrid environments such as AI, blockchain and IoT

Ana Zamper, vice president of IBM IT Infrastructure Latin America, said companies need a new generation of hardware and software that is smarter, more secure, and specifically designed from the ground up to handle advanced workloads in hybrid environments such as AI, blockchain and IoT support accelerate innovation. This was commented on to Cointelegraph en Español through an analysis of the so-called “hybrid cloud”.

“According to IDC, direct global investments by organizations in digital transformation will increase at an average annual rate of 15.5% between 2020 and 2023. This transformation has been accelerated as a result of the pandemic to meet the demands of the market and citizens and consumers themselves, “he said.

“”Companies today need a robust, flexible and secure infrastructure to manage their processes and transactionswhile delivering value and new experiences to customers. And this is where hybrid cloud plays a fundamental role in helping companies of all industries and sizes reinvent their businesses. “Added later.

IBM Executive believes businesses need new hardware and software for hybrid environments such as AI, blockchain and IoT
IBM Executive believes businesses need new hardware and software for hybrid environments such as AI, blockchain and IoT

Considering this scenario Zamper highlighted three three pillars that he considered important::

  1. Digital experience. Use cloud-based artificial intelligence in the business process, e.g. B. in customer service, fraud detection, advice and online sales. “This will add digital value to customers and help bring the physical store experience to the online store,” he noted

  2. Mission Critical Workload Migration. So far, the focus of the cloud has been on user applications. For example, use your smartphone to check your account balance. However, these workloads only make up 20% of the total. “In this new chapter, we’ll see the remaining 80% of the loads moving to the hybrid cloud in a multi-environment environment. Mission critical payload that customers rely on to run their business and that is very data rich – business data – is either moved to the hybrid cloud or needs to be connected to the cloud in some way. This will accelerate new business models and increase productivity, “said the IBM manager.

  3. Integrate traditional systems with new systems. “According to IDC, the trend in Latin America is that after COVID-19, 59% of businesses will invest in hybrid clouds, primarily for mission-critical workloads, while 25% in the US will invest in private cloud and 16% in public cloud,” said He then said, “Not everything is public, not everything is on-site because there is a suitable solution for every business need. The hybrid cloud is 2.5 times more valuable for companies than a conventional cloud strategy. “

Innovation and speed

In summary, Zamper focused on the hybrid cloud strategy that enables “faster innovation, better customer experience, adoption of new business models, and leap to new technologies like artificial intelligence to get better insights of customers and business”.

He emphasized that businesses need a new generation of hardware and software specifically designed for advanced workloads in hybrid environments. In this scenario, he mentioned disruptive technologies like artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things and blockchain.

“The basis of this innovation continues to be the IT infrastructure – scalable and secure servers as well as enterprise container storage – which enable companies to use the hybrid cloud to design their way of working more intelligently. more resilient in responding to changes in the environment and more flexible in optimizing their productivity, ”he concluded.

You might be interested in:

Similar Posts