In accordance with CANIRAC’s plan, things like vases are removed and employees have to measure their temperature every day.
Increase your business, Not your inbox
Stay up to date and subscribe to our daily newsletter now!
Read for 7 min
The Restaurants, Fonditas and locally Fast food They are an integral part of Mexican economic activity and, overall, are one of the sectors most affected by the necessary healthy distance measures that began in Mexico in mid-March. According to the plan presented by the President Andrés Manuel López Obrador and the Under Secretary of State for Health Hugo López-GatellNon-core activities would resume nationwide by June 17.
Against this background the National Chamber of Gastronomy (Canirac) has published a good practice guide so that restaurants can open their shops more or less regularly and take care of the health of guests and local staff.
“The international and local health authorities have already made recommendations and guidelines for places where personal hygiene measures should be strengthened in all work areas and against every exposure scenario. […] The companies will provide the necessary means so that the working people can carry out hygiene protocols, ”says the Canirac guide, which will be known as “Reopening log: secure table”.
The measures proposed in this document are divided into different phases.
Before the restaurant opens again
- Comprehensive renovation of the entire company premises with a special focus on ventilation ducts and extractor hoods in kitchens, the filters of which have to be changed regularly in accordance with the information provided by the supplier.
- The facility must have clear natural or mechanical ventilation options.
- Ensure the delivery of cleaning agents and disinfectants.
- Create personal daily cleaning and disinfection protocols that include washing surfaces with soap and water, and a 05 percent sodium hypochlorite solution.
During daily operation
- Perform a thorough cleaning of lamps, chairs, tables, railings, handles, doors, walls, horizontal surfaces, edges and other elements that can come into contact with customers, employees or suppliers.
- Create a routine cleaning schedule for walls, walls, and windows.
- Pay special attention to toilets and increase the frequency of cleaning in general and especially taps, handles, dispensers, etc.
- The use of split cloth towels is eliminated and disposable paper towels should be available.
Workers in restaurants and grocery stores must adhere to the following rules:
- Management must identify vulnerable groups to ensure their security.
- Receive training on the importance of washing hands and basic measures to prevent contagion.
- Record your temperature at the entrance and exit of your shift with non-contact sensors.
- Let the manager know if they have symptoms so they can stay at home.
- The greeting of hands or kisses among employees or with customers is not recommended.
- You will wear Ar masks and face masks all day long.
- It is recommended to avoid using cell phones in the facilities. If necessary, they will be asked to disinfect them.
- In the kitchen, work with floor markings or signs is more clearly destroyed, so that the interpersonal distance recommendations can be adhered to, which cannot always be complied with, since these are smaller rooms.
- Restaurants must have 70% alcohol-based antibectic gel at various workplaces and constantly offer it to their guests.
- Capacity must be organized so that there is no less than 1.5 meters between guests.
- The table reservation system is advertised online or by phone.
- The number of people is limited to a maximum of 10 people per table.
- Cabinet tables continue to be used due to their natural physical barriers.
- The table is assembled in front of the customer to avoid cutlery and dishes being exposed before use.
- Items that are not necessary and can serve as sources of virus, such as napkin rings, acrylic, vases, etc., are removed.
- The menus should be updated to minimize physical contact with digital displays, disposable cards, whiteboards or QR codes. When using menu holders, they must be disinfected before and after each use.
- The table linen must be changed after each service, mechanically washed at least 60 ° C and always treated with gloves.
- Containers such as spices, sauces and extras should be served immediately and in individual portions.
Buffets and salad bars
- You must have an anti-sneeze cover.
- A staff member must always be present to serve dinner and must wear face masks, face masks and disposable gloves that must be changed every 4 hours.
- The utensils must be washed mechanically at least 60 ° C regularly.
- The area should be marked to prevent guests from breaking the rules of social distance when queuing.
- Use is permitted as long as the distance of 1.5 meters between customers is maintained.
- They can no longer be used as a waiting area for a table.
- In the first phase of returning to activities, these areas must remain closed.
Private rooms and meeting rooms
- They may be operated as long as they do not exceed the limit of 10 people per table.
- The same assembly protocol is used as for conventional tables.
- Electronic payment is recommended to limit contact between employees and guests.
- Digital devices such as pens, pearl holders and POS terminals must be disinfected after each use.
- The cashier area should be cleaned regularly throughout the day.
- Signage should be installed to reduce contact between guests and employees, either with certain markings or with physical barriers.
- The use of disinfection mats or similar alternatives is recommended at the entrance to each facility.
- Keep the doors open as much as possible to avoid contact with the handles and promote natural ventilation.
- You absolutely must have antibacterial gel dispensers.
- Regulations for visiting controls, contractors and suppliers outside of the restaurant’s operation with regard to hygiene must be introduced.
- Make sure that suppliers and contractors have their own hygiene protocols and follow them.
- Set specific areas and times for receiving products to avoid contamination of the premises and always follow the rules for healthy distances and the use of face mask.
- Plastic and cardboard packaging must be removed before the product enters the warehouse or processing areas.
- No one outside the restaurant staff is allowed to enter the food handling areas.