If you have a venture or are about to start one, having a website is one of the best steps you can take to get more customers and publicize your business.
8 min read
The opinions expressed by employees are personal.
In this simple guide you will learn to make a website for your company or business in just 20 minutes .
It does not matter if you are new to the topic of web pages, or if you have never even created one before, because in this guide you will learn how to create a professional page in five simple steps that will help you attract new customers and establish your business.
Ready to create your page? Let's get started!
I will teach you from scratch how to create a web page in 5 simple steps:
Steps to create your web page
- Choose the Platform of your Website
- Get Free Domain and Hosting
- Install WordPress
- Choose the design of your Website
- Customize your Website
- BONUS: How to Create Free Corporate Mail
Step 1: Choose the platform of your website
Before worrying about the appearance of your page, you must choose on which platform you are going to create it. There are many platforms to create websites (including Wix, Blogger, Weebly, etc.) so among many options, the choice can be a bit difficult.
The world's most popular platform for creating websites is called WordPress. In fact, 52% of the pages on the Internet are created with WordPress and here I explain why:
- It's free : You don't have to pay monthly rent to a developer.
- Without code: It is easy to edit and configure, you do not need to know how to program.
- It's safe: Every month WordPress updates its software to avoid hacking, making it one of the safest platforms on the web.
- Supports additional plugins : You can add extra features to your page as a store (with WooCommerce), a subscription system (with Memberpress).
Pages like Disney, CNN, Sony, and New York Times were created with WordPress.
If you are a beginner it is definitely one of the best options to start.
What do we need to create our website in WordPress?
To create a professional page with WordPress you need two things:
- Domain name – The name of your web page, for example: www.TuEmpresa.com (you will choose which one you want your name to be). This usually costs money, but I will show you later how to get it for free.
- Hosting or Hosting – It is the server that connects your website to the Internet and allows you to have corporate emails, such as:. If you did not have a hosting, your website would not be visible on the internet.
Where to buy the best WordPress hosting and domain?
When it comes to hostings, there are only two things that matter:
- Loading Speed – It is the time it takes (in seconds) to load your web page. Much faster is better.
- Customer service – You need a company that offers you free customer service in case you have any problems in the future they help you solve any questions you have.
There are hundreds of different suppliers. The one I use and recommend for years is called and I totally recommend it.
Why SiteGround? You'll see, apart from being easy to use, SiteGround has excellent loading speed and free customer service. In addition, it is one of the few
Step 2: Get a free domain and hosting
If you have not bought your hosting or domain yet , do not worry.
Follow the steps of and I will show you how you can buy them step by step:
You will learn to buy your WordPress hosting with -70% discount and how to get:
- Free domain .COM for 12 months (example: TuNegocio.com)
- Your website for 12 months
- Free corporate mail
- Free SSL Certificate
Step 3: Install WordPress from your account
Once you have acquired your domain name and hosting, congratulations! We're halfway there! Now is the time to install WordPress to start building our website.
If you bought your Hosting and Domain with SiteGround (as the previous step), it is very simple, just follow these steps:
Or if you bought it with some other company, almost all reliable hosting companies have integrated one-click WordPress installation, which makes it very easy to install it in our domain.
These are the steps you should follow in the main web hosting companies:
- Access your hosting account.
- Go to your cPanel control panel.
- Look for the “WordPress” or “Website” icon.
- Choose the domain where you want to install your website.
- Click on the “Install now” button and you will get access to your new WordPress website.
And ready! Once the installation is complete, you will receive an email to an email account. Every time you want to enter to edit your page you will enter via: www.tupagina.com/wp-admin (where “TuPagina” is the name you chose).
Congratulations! You already know how to make a web page with your own name, we already install WordPress and now we are going to have fun: design our web page!
Step 4: Choose the design of your website
The next step is to change the design of our website. WordPress uses predesigned templates called “Templates” as a design, so change the design of your web page.
To install a template that you like, go to your WordPress editor go to the sidebar of your site and click on “Appearance” and then click on “Themes” and finally, click above where it says “Add New”. There you will find hundreds of free templates.
If you are a beginner, two highly recommended templates are “Astra” or “OceanWP” because they are free and easy to configure. With these you can make any type of website or online store.
Image: Sofia Web
Once you find a theme that you like, it is very easy to install. Just click on “Install” and then on “Activate” . Once you have done this, it will take a few minutes to apply.
Step 5. Customize your website
Since we have our page, now is the time to add content. Do you want to add a new page like “About Us” or “Services” ?
Click on “Pages> Add New.” And you will open an editor that allows you to create a new page like “About Us”.
Image: Sofia Web
Enter the text you want and add images. When finished click on Publish.
Add a menu in WordPress
To add a menu to your WordPress page follow these steps:
- Go to Appearance> Menu in your WordPress editor
- Find the page you want to add and click on “Add to Menu”
- Click on “Publish”
If you want to continue personalizing your page, there are hundreds of different ways to do it. You can find many WordPress YouTube Tutorials on how to customize your page more thoroughly.
BONUS: How to create free corporate emails
Now that we have our website created we can make our corporate email accounts for free.
This means that you will be able to send and receive emails from a corporate email (for example: email@example.com) . Here I leave you all the steps to do it