Skip to content

Conte announces that classes will resume in Italy on September 14, adding another 30 deaths

June 26, 2020

Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte announced earlier this Friday that the return to school will take place on September 14 after the coronavirus pandemic educational center closed in March that left another 30 dead last day.

“We are ready to return safely in September,” said the head of government, assuring that the guidelines have already been agreed with the entire education system so that students can return to class “under maximum safety conditions”.

Conte acknowledged that closing schools was a difficult decision, but assured that “it was not taken lightly”. Although “distance learning has allowed us to continue learning in cramped conditions, we are aware that this was a necessity,” said the Prime Minister, who admitted that the country was not “ready” for classes. from a distance “with maximum efficiency”.

Conte announces that classes will resume in Italy on September 14, adding another 30 deathsConte announces that classes will resume in Italy on September 14, adding another 30 deaths

According to the latest data from the Ministry of Health, there were 30 deaths and 259 further infections on the last day, which corresponds to a total of 34,708 deaths and 239,961 cases. Another 890 patients were discharged, so that 187,615 people have been cured, while 1,356 people are still in the hospital and 105 in the intensive care unit.