Through an innovation center, CaixaBank and IBM are investigating technologies such as quantum computers and blockchain. This was reported by Norbolsa from Spain on June 4.
According to the article published by this medium CaixaBank and IBM Services have signed an agreement to accelerate the bank’s transformation based on cloud computing and promote the development of digital solutions. This is intended to improve the user experience of the company’s financial services.
“”CaixaBank will use technologies such as IBM Cloud Pak for Applications on the Red Hat OpenShift open standards platform to manage applications and workloads across the technology environment“The article pointed out. In addition, the publication added:”The bank, chaired by Jordi Gual, will continue to apply artificial intelligence to various services, and in parallel, research on technologies such as quantum computing and blockchain will continue at the innovation center, which the two companies are promoting together.“”
On the other hand, they explained that CaixaBank and IBM are also planning to jointly develop new solutions that can handle a large number of transactions in an open and scalable environment.
CaixaBank CEO Gonzalo Gortázar said:
“The alliance we renew with IBM will enable us to continue innovating and changing the way we treat our customers.”
The President of IBM Spain, Portugal, Greece and Israel, Marta Martínez, said in turn:
“An open cloud environment enables banks to accelerate their innovation and create a more agile way to offer their customers new digital services that are more secure and flexible.”
It should be remembered that IBM has been a strategic partner of CaixaBank since 2011. At that point, both organizations founded IT Now, which is 51% owned by IBM and 49% owned by CaixaBank.
You may be interested in:
- The public limited company Istec participates in a Spanish blockchain technology cooperative
- Spain: CaixaBank integrates blockchain technology to promote transactions worldwide
- IDC Research Spain is looking for the most innovative companies, including those who work with blockchain
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Cardano, Monero, Dash: Price analysis, October 1 (2018)
- Price analysis from October 3rd: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Cardano, Monero, IOTA (2018)
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Stellar, EOS, Litecoin, Cardano, Monero, TRON, Dash: Price analysis, November 23 (2018)
- Spain: What are the challenges for fintech and insurtech companies for 2020?