Buhari swears “zero tolerance” to increasing violence and attacks in Nigeria

Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has promised “zero tolerance” for the increase in violence and attacks in the African country, stressing that the authorities will “speak in a language” that those responsible for insecurity “understand”.

“Many of those who misbehave are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of life during the Nigerian civil war. Those of us who have been in the camps for 30 months and suffered from the war will treat them. ” in a language that you understand, “he said.

For example, through a series of messages posted on his account on the social network Twitter, he denounced that he was receiving reports of attacks on “critical national infrastructures” “on a daily basis” and added that “it is very clear that the backers of this government want to fail ”. . “

Buhari swears “zero tolerance” to increasing violence and attacks in Nigeria
Buhari swears “zero tolerance” to increasing violence and attacks in Nigeria

“Anyone who wants to destroy the system will soon suffer a blow in their life. We have given them enough time,” warned Buhari, who stressed that the recent attacks on the facilities of the electoral commission were “completely unacceptable”. “We will not allow those responsible to achieve their evil goals,” he added.

“He has given assurances to the Electoral Commission that we will give them everything they need to work efficiently so that no one can say we don’t go or want a third term. There will be no excuses for failure,” he argued during Er has indicated that action will be taken against those who “want to destroy the country by promoting crime and rioting”.

Attacks in Nigeria, previously concentrated in the north-east of the country, where Boko Haram and its spin-off Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) operate, have spread to other areas in the north and north-west in recent months, with alarms for the possible Expansion of these terrorist and criminal networks.

There are also increasing attacks by criminal gangs who have kidnapped hundreds of people in recent months, especially in attacks on educational centers such as those kidnapped at the weekend in the western state of Niger.

United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres condemned the incident on Tuesday, expressing concern about the “frequency of kidnapping of children to extort ransom in schools (in Nigeria) by extremist groups and criminal networks”.

“This is becoming a hideous pattern with serious implications for the well-being and development of children, as well as teachers and families,” said Guterres spokesman Stéphane Dujarric, who stressed that these events were “a violation of children’s right to an education”.

Such incidents have increased in recent months and have resulted in the authorities of several states in the African country closing schools to ensure the safety of students and teachers while they assess the situation on the ground.

Similar Posts