This is part of the plan to go carbon free by 2040.
4 min read
- This is part of the plan to go carbon free by 2040.
- The new trucks are equipped with high technology for driver comfort and safety.
- In addition to Rivian, Amazon designed the delivery vehicle.
“This vehicle is equipped with design and safety features and raises the bar for the delivery of the next generation,” says the brand’s statement on the new SUV. Amazon. Just a year after the Paris Accords to Curb Climate Change were announced, the company unveils the design and idea for its first all-electric, bespoke delivery van, designed and built with Rivian.
The e-commerce giant searched and searched for electric cars for delivering parcels. However, he did not find the solution with those already on the market. So I find another solution: ally with Rivian.
The stakes are high, but if anyone can, it’s Amazon. More than 10,000 custom electric vehicles are expected to deliver packages to customers around the world by 2022. In 2030 there will be 100,000 units.
The custom van
“When we set out to develop our first electric delivery vehicle with Revian, we knew it had to outperform everyone else. We wanted drivers to enjoy using them and customers to be delighted when they see it drive through their neighborhood and come home, ”said Ross Rachey, Director Global Fleet and Product at Amazon.
What does that mean? Well, the truck is unique. For example, it has several security, navigation, and layout features:
- State-of-the-art sensor detection.
- Auxiliary technology for road and traffic.
- A large windshield for better driver visibility.
- Outside cameras around the vehicle are connected to a digital display in the cabin, which offers a 360-degree view of what is going on outside.
- It will have Alexa for hands-free access to routes and weather.
- A reinforced door to protect the driver.
- Three shelving levels that do not hinder movement in the cabin.
“We hope that our vehicle will help raise awareness in the industry to think about sustainable technologies and solutions, whether you are a parcel delivery company, a logistics company, an ice machine or just someone else with moving cars. continuously, ”Rachey continued.
Who is rivian
It’s a startup on the rise. Amazon has seen it since 2019, though Revian was less than a year after launching its first electric car. For a near-new company, the numbers are based on that, bringing in more than $ 2.5 billion this year. You will also recall that a few months ago she was sued by Tesla, Elon Musk’s firm, for “stealing confidential information” by hiring four former employees of the company.