Skip to content

According to the WHO, more than half of the health facilities in Beirut are down due to an explosion

August 12, 2020

The World Health Organization (WHO) announced on Wednesday that more than half of the sanitation facilities in the Lebanese capital, Beirut, are out of order due to the damage caused by the explosions that were recorded in the port of the city last week.

The agency’s emergency operations director Richard Brennan said in a videoconference with the press that analysis of the situation was “ongoing,” although he added that more than half of the 55 sanitary facilities monitored were inoperative.

“At least three major hospitals in Beirut were out of order,” he said before noting that “three other hospitals are operating well below normal capacity”.

According to the WHO, more than half of the health facilities in Beirut are down due to an explosionAccording to the WHO, more than half of the health facilities in Beirut are down due to an explosion

In addition, much of the facilities that have not been out of service are “less functional” than they were prior to the August 4 explosions, which killed more than 200 people and injured 7,000 people.

Receive Breaking News !

Install
×
Enable Notifications    Ok No thanks