News

A young Palestinian killed by Israeli forces dies during a protest in the West Bank

Soldados de Israel durante una protesta cerca de la ciudad palestina de Ramala, en Cisjordania

Israeli soldiers during a protest near the Palestinian city of Ramallah in the West Bank – Ilia Yefimovich / dpa

MADRID, Feb. 7 (EUROPE PRESS) –

A young Palestinian has died on Friday after being shot by Israeli security forces during a demonstration in the West Bank town of Qaffin, located north of Tulkarem, Palestinian authorities have confirmed.

A young Palestinian killed by Israeli forces dies during a protest in the West Bank
A young Palestinian killed by Israeli forces dies during a protest in the West Bank

The Palestinian Ministry of Health has detailed that Bader Nedal Nafla, 19, has died after being shot in the neck during the protests, before adding that he died shortly after being admitted to a local hospital, as he has picked up the Palestinian news agency WAFA.

Also, a Palestinian has been shot by gunfire by Israeli forces against a protest near the Gazací town of Yabalia, after a group approached the border fence, according to the Palestinian agency Maan.

On the other hand, during the day two Border Police officers were slightly injured by the launching of Molotov stones and cocktails during the West Bank protests against the 'agreement of the century', according to the Israeli newspaper 'The Jerusalem Post '.

The Israeli Army has announced a new shipment of reinforcements to the West Bank in the face of the rebound in violence in the area and after the three attacks recorded during Thursday, which resulted in 17 wounded soldiers.

Defense Minister Naftali Bennett has stressed that “the IDF will increase the preparation of its troops in Judea and Samaria (biblical name of the West Bank) for the weekend.”

He also said that Israeli forces “will give a harsh response to the launch of balloons (explosives) from the Gaza Strip,” after the increase in the launch of explosives and projectiles during the last week.

The reinforcement announced by the Israeli authorities is the third since the president of the United States, Donald Trump, unveiled on January 28 the so-called 'agreement of the century', Washington's proposal to resolve the conflict between Palestinians and Israelis.

The Palestinian Authority has blamed the rebound of violence to the presentation of the proposal, something that has been affected this Friday by the secretary general of the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), Saeb Erekat.

“The main source of violence is the Israeli occupation and its colonial and settlement plan,” he stressed through his account on the social network Twitter, before adding that the White House adviser Jared Kushner “has allowed Israel to move forward. with new annexations and colonizations. ”

“However, he accuses the president (of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud) Abbas because, according to those who are like him, our mere existence and rights, as well as International Law, are the problem,” he said.

The so-called 'agreement of the century' points to Jerusalem as the “indivisible” capital of Israel, which would retain control of the Jewish colonies and the Jordan Valley, while Palestine would have its capital in an area of ​​East Jerusalem located outside the security barrier installed by Israel.

In response to his presentation, the president of the Palestinian Authority described the proposal as “the slap of the century” and stressed that it is destined to end “in the garbage dump of History.”

For his part, the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, stressed that the proposal “is the best agreement” that the Palestinians can achieve, which they have asked to accept the 'agreement of the century'.

Similar Posts