What is your main reason to become a business owner? We present you some of the most common.
The opinions expressed by collaborators are personal.
If you are an entrepreneur , then you have heard a million reasons why you should not start your business : it is too risky, you could get into debt, you will not sleep, you will be left without a social life, etc. But despite all these uncertainties, people are still drawn to the business world.
Here are some of the reasons why you should start your startup :
1. Free time. At first you will work more than ever for less money. But if you do it right you will learn to master your schedule and soon you will be able to enjoy the freedom of being an entrepreneur.
2. A story to tell. When I tell someone that I run my business, they always want to know what I do and how I do it. I can tell the story and the best part is that I decide the chapters.
3. Pride. When you build something successful, you have a great feeling. You had a vision, you could execute it, and you get the benefits of saying “I did it.”
4. Your posterity. If you are a business owner you can pass it on to the next generation.
5. Job security. Have you ever been fired? If so, you understand. Being an entrepreneur, your security lies in the fact that you are your boss.
6. Networking. s are creatures of community. We love getting to know each other, sharing stories, and learning from the experiences of others.
7. Do good. Although this is not exclusive to entrepreneurs, it is a benefit. You control where your company's money goes and you can decide whether to donate to a foundation.
8. Novelty. As human beings we love new experiences but doing it is not easy if you are always in a cubicle. When you undertake you will always face a new challenge.
9. Mentoring. Having mentors and being able to become one has been one of the best experiences of my life. Learning from the teachers and helping the less experienced gives you a great sense of satisfaction.
10. Become an expert. This goes hand in hand with mentoring. No matter what you do as an entrepreneur, you will be good at it and this will help you to share your message.
11. Skills. They always ask me how I learned about SEO, social media, etc. I tell you that, as an entrepreneur, I was forced to learn them in order to survive.
12. Determination. Everything I have done as an entrepreneur has affected my personal life. Being an entrepreneur has forced me to be more dedicated and determined.
13. Recognition. Although this should not be the only reason to undertake, the truth is that it is a very satisfying feeling to receive recognition from the community.
14. Financial independence. Let's be honest: this is probably the main reason to start a business.
15. Reinvention. I have started and sold several companies. And every time I sell one it is an opportunity to reinvent myself. As an entrepreneur I can be whatever I want.
16. Change the world. Take a look at Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Sergey Brin and several entrepreneurs who have changed the world in a small or large way.
17. Create jobs. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing that you are responsible for the success of your employees. Your ideas offer them an opportunity to learn, support their families and achieve their dreams.
18. Your brand. Being known for something is very enjoyable and it is also incredible to build a successful brand and earn that recognition.