A smile can do wonders for your entrepreneurial adventure. It will reduce your stress level, you will be more productive and you will make a better impression.
The opinions expressed by collaborators are personal.
We all know how important it is to smile every day. In fact, a forced smile can have a positive impact on a person's mood.
Various studies show that those who smile have a lower heart rate than those who maintain a neutral expression.
You don't need to force a smile to put yourself in a good mood. There are things you can do to have a natural smile and improve your quality of life. Here are 15 tips to help you:
1. Start your day with nature. Research shows that sun exposure naturally improves a person's mood, so consider having a cup of coffee in your garden. Instead of checking your emails on your cell phone, appreciate the stage in front of you.
2. Go to the gym. Whether you wake up half an hour early or take a break from food, the endorphins you release with exercise can lift your spirits. If the gym is not a possibility, take the stairs instead of the elevator or walk to your meeting.
3. Visit the funny guy in the office. Every company has one. Stop in place when you need to be put in a good mood. A five minute conversation can make all the difference. I call my friend John Rampton every time I want to laugh a little.
4. Do something good for yourself. Many times we spend time doing things for others and forget to do something for ourselves. Do something for yourself like go for your favorite coffee or read a book you like about food.
5. Do something good for others. People who do volunteer work are happier than others. Even if you don't have time to do charity work, you can make things better by doing something for others.
6. Count your blessings. You may have heard the advice to write down the things you are grateful for. It may not seem like it, but if you realize all the good things in your life you will be happy.
7. Listen to music. If you drive to work every day you probably listen to the radio in the car. It can be a great way to prepare for the rest of the day. Create a playlist of your favorite music and turn it up.
8. Take a different route to go to work. Instead of going the same way every day, take other routes. It may take a little longer, but it will be worth it.
9. Eat something delicious. Whether you decide to make yourself a great breakfast or enjoy a rich menu at lunch, enjoying your favorite foods can make you very happy. This will give you something to look forward to in the day.
10. Disconnect from social networks. If the first thing you do in the morning is to check Facebook or Twitter, your mood will be affected. Research shows that people using Facebook experience negative emotions associated with how long they've been online.
11. Keep things close that make you laugh. In addition to reminders at work, put things on your desk that make you smile. They can be photos of your loved ones, drawings that your children made or birthday cards of friends and relatives.
12. Watch fun videos. There is a reason why cat videos are so popular. Save the ones that make you laugh and look for them when you need some encouragement.
13. Read something fun. Any day you can get a joke, whether you subscribe to a service that sends them to you or you read them from a calendar that has funny notes.
14. Talk to strangers. You may not be very happy in the morning, but you would be surprised to know how much a stranger can help you. A “good morning” in an elevator can turn into a great conversation.
15. Spend time with your loved ones. Despite the successes, your greatest achievement is your family. Sure you smile more when you are with your partner or your children than at other times of the day.