He Sports world it looks a lot like business. There is training. There is competition. You win and you lose. There is passion and hard work. Do i have to continue?
Just as an aspiring professional baseball or basketball player can benefit from successful business leaders, entrepreneurs can take inspiration from the most successful and dominant athletes in the world.
With that in mind, we’ve collected 15 of the best legend quotes in the sports world. Whether you’re just starting out or working on growing your business, these offerings will motivate you to keep everything on track.
1. Use your passion
“Somewhere behind the athlete you became and the hours of training and coaches who pushed you, there’s a girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back … to play for her. “
– Mia Hamm, professional footballer (1987-2004)
2. Do it right
“If you don’t do it with everything you have, why then?
– Joe Namath, American Football Hall of Fame quarterback (1965-1977)
3. Expect the unexpected
“Obstacles mustn’t stop you. If you bump into a wall, don’t give up. Find out how to climb, cross, or turn around. “
– Michael Jordan, basketball icon (1984-2003)
4. What are you?
“In baseball, as in business, there are three types of people: those who make things happen, those who see them happen, and those who wonder what happened.”
– Tommy Lasorda, baseball player and Hall of Fame manager (player between 1954 and 1956, manager between 1976 and 1996).
5th move. Study. Get ready.
“There will be people more talented than you, but there is no excuse for someone to work harder than you.”
– Derek Jeter, Yankees Shortstop (1995-2014)
6. Don’t expect to be perfect
“Champions keep playing until they get it right.”
– Billie Jean King, Hall of Fame Tennis Star (1959-1983)
7. Always look ahead
“A good hockey player always knows where the puck is. An excellent hockey player moves where he knows the puck will be. “
– Wayne Gretzky, hockey icon (1978-1999)
8. Playing it safe is not always the best
“When you’re in control, you’re not moving fast enough.”
– Mario Andretti, motorsport world champion (1968-1982)
9. Never settle down
“Set your goals high and don’t stop until you reach them.”
– Bo Jackson, baseball and soccer player (1987-1994)
10. Overcome obstacles
“Always do your best, even if you have everything against yourself.”
– Arnold Palmer, golfer (1954-2006)
11. You are never too old to start
“Age is not a barrier, it is a restriction that you put on your mind.”
– Jackie Joyner-Kersee, heptathlon Olympic champion and jumping champion (1984 – 2000)
12. Don’t forget to give something back
“Remember that. Hold on to it. This is the only perfection there is, the perfection of helping others. It’s the only thing we can do that has lasting meaning. It’s why we’re here are. “
– Andre Agassi, professional tennis player and champion (1986-2006)
13. Mentalize yourself to overcome your greatest challenges
“It’s not the mountains that you have to climb that wear you down, it’s the stone in your shoe.”
– Muhammad Ali, world boxing champion (1960-1966, 1970-1981)
14. Enjoy your successes
“The more difficult the victory, the greater the luck to win.”
Pelé, Brazilian football legend (1956-1977)
15. Anything is possible
“You can’t restrict anything. The more you dream, the further you go. “
– Michael Phelps, Olympic champion in swimming (present)