Follow these tips and get all of your chores done for this week while organizing work for the next one.
The opinions of the employees of You are personal.
As entrepreneurs, at some point we have all experienced the moment when you sit at your desk and lose focus. You take your cell phone and check social networks, reply to some messages and visit your favorite sites. You have a long to-do list but don’t seem to focus very much on it. Here are thirteen tips for increasing your productivity:
1. Exercise in the morning. s tend to work long hours and get stuck with computers most of the time. This is an unhealthy lifestyle so make sure you get some exercise. People who are physically active sleep much better. This will make you more productive the next day.
2. Do your least favorite tasks first. From time to time you have earrings that you will not like. They have to be done so finish them first. If you leave them for later, they will continue to stay on your head and affect your productivity.
3. Empower your employees. When they feel part of the team, the company’s morale and productivity improve. You shouldn’t manage them if there are situations where prompted you have obviously made the wrong decision.
4. Withdrawal from social networks. Our culture is fascinated by knowing what happens in other people’s lives. Checking out Twitter and Facebook is nothing more than a waste of time. Is it more important to see what others are doing than your company?
5. Stop simple tasks as they occur. When an email or task comes up and you can do it in five minutes, do it. If you put it at the end of the line, it will take more than five minutes.
6. Leave the office. Try to work one day away from the office each week. We live in a world with cell phones that allows you to work in different creative spaces where you do your homework. This will fill you with creativity and keep you from getting overwhelmed. So try to make this known to your team members.
7. Use technology and do simple tasks. There’s likely an application or tool out there that we can use to get things done better and that will allow us to be more organized as we navigate the entrepreneurial world. Don’t be afraid to try new apps and see your productivity improve.
8. Fill the gas tank. You need time to eat and drink plenty of water throughout the day. Skipping a meal because you “don’t have time” is inexcusable. If you don’t eat and stay hydrated, you will run out of energy. This causes your productivity to go to the bathroom. Keep protein bars on your desk when you don’t have time to shop for something else.
9. Disconnect from the technology. When you really need to give a presentation or deliver an important report, eliminate all possible distractions. Turn off your email and route your calls from the office to voicemail.
10. Debug your email. Make sure that emails like newsletters, offers, and promotions are sent to a part that doesn’t notify you. The less your cell phone rings (unless it’s an important message), the less distracted you will be. These types of emails do not require immediate attention. Check them out later when you have finished your day so it doesn’t interfere with your work.
11. Have a blocked weekday. I’ve found that with one blocked day per week I can finish all outstanding days. For example, if you set Wednesday as that day and there are no important meetings or appointments scheduled, your entire team knows that there should be no distractions to keep your company productive.
12. Works on Sunday afternoons. Taking an hour that day to plan your next week will not only make you more productive, but also have the ideal attitude to start your week off strong. I spend an hour before bed planning certain aspects of my business that will give me the preparation I need.
13. Systematize and automate everything. Every step is part of your business, from your marketing process to your customers’ purchases, and you need to create processes to simplify each step. Is there a part of your business that is slowing you down and frustrating you? Find a way to get some things to work on the autopilot and that will relieve you of that responsibility by making things go better.