There are certain abilities that you must cultivate if you want to highlight your brand and achieve wealth.
The opinions expressed by collaborators are personal.
Do you want to be a millionaire ? So you need to have certain skills. People with ample wealth stand out from the masses thanks to the abilities they possess, which are the same that made them successful in the beginning.
When I started on my way to becoming a millionaire, I believed that these skills were impossible to cultivate. However, once I started meeting people who owned them, I realized that I could imitate them.
Here are 12 skills that every millionaire must have:
1. Communication: millionaires send thousands of emails every day and are specialists in making phone calls and meeting people face to face. The more effectively you can get your message across, the more people will want to work with you. Your level of communication determines the amount of your wealth.
2. Sales: in this world you sell or they sell you. Either way, you must choose a path. If you can understand the sales process, one of the professions that pay the most, you will become a millionaire. Those people who know how to sell know how to improve the lives of others. Remember, everything around you has been sold to you at some point.
3. Marketing and “branding”: your reputation is your best commercial. Promoting your person and business is the cornerstone of building a business empire. Telling the world what you do in the clearest way possible will make you stand out in the market and take your business to unsuspected places. Every millionaire has a good brand.
4. Emotional intelligence: If you can take care of yourself, you can take care of others. Knowing and mastering human nature is the key to success. Millionaires understand motivation, body language, tone of voice, tact, diplomacy, empathy, and everything to do with emotional intelligence. Most of these things can be learned just by paying attention to the people around you. Remember what Theodore Roosevelt said: “People are not interested in how much you know, but how much they interest you.”
5. Innovation in products and services: every millionaire must be creative and know how to “turn around” the market offers. Ray Kroc, the founder of McDonald's, did not invent the hamburger, but he was able to innovate the service of fast food.
6. Organization: every millionaire has a system that works for him. They are well organized but flexible to suit your environment. Every business decision you make should be based on the information you are able to collect quickly and efficiently.
7. Set goals: plan your work and fulfill your tasks. This simple phrase has built many millionaires. No one can succeed without a good action plan. You must be able to set daily goals and visualize your years, months, weeks, and days in advance. In English it is known as the 5P plan: Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance, which means that good planning drives good performance.
8. Money management: you can only take care of a large amount of money (say two million pesos) when you are able to manage a small amount (about 200 pesos). Millionaires know perfectly how their finances are, know the status of their taxes and when they should ask for help. You can only generate wealth when you understand money.
9. Philanthropy: Millionaires understand that the secret of a full life is in giving. Many wealthy people constantly support causes. They know that they can only be rich when they help others. They understand that it is not about giving checks to “right and left”, but to participate in good actions in an integral way.
10. Networking: few things are as indispensable in the business world as knowing how to manage relationships. You must be a trusted contact in order to attract other trusted contacts. For example, in my network I have contacts with every imaginable skill. I just have to make a couple of calls to contact the people I need. The only way to do great things is to employ people who can do what you cannot (or want) to do.
11. Leadership: every millionaire is a leader. They understand that they must follow great people in order to be leaders themselves. They know that they have to be responsible and initiative people when difficult situations arise. They understand that the best way to overcome times of crisis is to have a great team and that for this, you have to be an inspiring leader.
12. Time management: prioritize your time to spend where you need it most. Millionaires worry about little things when they know they need their attention in other situations. You must know how to conserve the energy of your body and mind for the moments that require them the most.
Being a millionaire has never been easier than today because there are more means of expression that produce good amounts of money. Today there are 15 million millionaires in the world and you can be one of them.