Learn the secrets to being a modern guide that motivates your team to work and win despite crises.
The opinions expressed by collaborators are personal.
Getting your company to not only stay, but grow during an economic crisis is extremely difficult for any entrepreneur. Therefore, you must become a true leader to guide your team to true success.
What does it take to lead a business during these times? Follow these essential recommendations for entrepreneurs in 2018:
1. Listen: Connect with what your collaborators and clients say about you and your brand. This will help you realize your perception of your brand and find great ideas for getting ahead.
2. Recognize: Employees love leaders who recognize and reward them for their work and ideas.
3. Be yourself: Tell your story, your anecdotes, obstacles and achievements in an honest way and share it with your team. This type of dynamic is not very common in organizations, but it helps your collaborators to get to know you, and therefore they want to help you achieve success. Also, it is very important that you accept your mistakes.
4. Communicate: The vast majority of a company's internal problems can be solved through communication. Otherwise, employees are in the dark and sooner or later they will stop worrying about your company.
5. Plan: Avoid the problem of “living up to date” and create strategies in the moment. Plan your goals, choose a course to follow and keep it. This will help create goals in your company and share them with your team.
6. Combat anxiety: Stop worrying and turn your negative emotions into teachers who will help shape your leadership character. A good leader knows how to transform difficult times into opportunities.
7. Orient yourself to serve: Leaders can often be a little selfish, forgetting that they are in a leadership position, where they must be an example to follow and a guide for their team. Take care of them and have an attitude of service with all the members of your organization.
8. Be an accountant: To achieve goals, and motivate your people to achieve them, you must define what exactly you want.
9. Be empathetic: You must know the profile of the staff that works with you; their age, sex, profession, socioeconomic level, etc. This will help you find the best way to communicate with them and motivate them to be more productive.
10. Share your goals: If your employees don't know your company's goals, it will be difficult for them to solve problems. This leaves you in a position where you will have to manage everything yourself, rather than delegating and guiding.
11. Relax: Gone are the days when yelling at employees worked. If your team is concerned about whether or not you're in a good mood, little will be done.
12. Think like an immigrant: It is important that from time to time you see your business through the eyes of a stranger; This way you can find failures and opportunities that you are normally missing.